Jordan Graham signs? | Vital Football

Jordan Graham signs?

Yeah, all over twitter now so sounds good.

Thoughts everyone? This Jordan the better one to secure? Good to have a wi her with our big guys up top .

It’s all coming together after the doom and gloom of a few.
The nucleus of a pretty good team so far. Icing on the cake, the Southampton lads.

Thing is, who would miss out at the back if we had -
Jackson
Ogilvie
Tucker
Medley
O’Connor
Jones

4 in defence, Medley or Jones DM. Who misses?
And if Rhys Bennett also joined he’d probably be 2nd choice for every position.

Jackson
Ogilvie
Tucker
Medley
O’Connor
Jones

As I said on the other thread I would be surprised if we did not sell Tucker or Ogilvie financial pressures will be already meaning that one or even both could still be sold.I also think that if we were to go with Jackson and O'Connor at full backs or similar at left back .Then a three at the back might be the way Evans is going to play.

I'd be great to have the two Southampton players back again, but looking at it from Southampton's point of view - if they think Jones and O'Connor have the potential to play for them in the Premier League (I've no idea whether they do think that or not), then having spent the last season playing in League 1, you'd have thought they'd be looking to make a step up this season, and send them to the Championship.

Jackson
Ogilvie
Tucker
Medley
O’Connor
Jones

At present I would guess that O'Connor returning seems more likely than Jones given the players who we have already signed up.

I'd be great to have the two Southampton players back again, but looking at it from Southampton's point of view - if they think Jones and O'Connor have the potential to play for them in the Premier League (I've no idea whether they do think that or not), then having spent the last season playing in League 1, you'd have thought they'd be looking to make a step up this season, and send them to the Championship.
That will of course depend on anyone at that level wanting them and some sort.of promise that they will play games.
With our squad likely to be under 20 everyone will have a chance to get on the pitch.

Has ability and is a good age .But the worry is the amount of games he has played over the last 6 or 7 years .If Evans can get him on the pitch and point the lad in the right direction.He could be a real asset.Should give us the width and set play delivery that is need with a big side that is developing. Hopefully the lad is well hungry to get games and that will spur him to having a really good preseason.
With the premier league and large championship clubs offering very long contracts to protect their talented players. There will be more and more Jordan Graham's out there.It will be interesting to see how it works out.If Evans can turn him into a first team regular then I can see us trying to dig up more gems in future from this market.

Last edited: