Jordan Graham signs? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jordan Graham signs?

I've been following him on Twitter since he first came, unlike many footballers its not all football football football. Seems a nice bloke and quite level headed
Seems strange that he did not get more games on loan over the years .Was he constantly on the fringe on the squad?

Top interview 👍

I’m enjoying all of our signings so far. The Arsenal lad sounds top quality and all the others look like they are at least as good as those we had last season. Here’s hoping 🤞

The optimist in me says that most of our future signings will be loans (another 3 or 4 min?) and being loanees they are likely to be even better quality. Champ or Prem youngsters. Bring it on.

If you have Spotify or other podcast, check out Jordan Graham’s interview from last week on the Wolves podcast.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1nrEtxM2K0vPrba7Fxj6y6

Nice long interview about his time at Wolves and on loan at Oxford and Gills.

At this time he knows his time at Wolves is over, I think he was probably close to signing for Gills and he says “I am really excited about what’s gonna happen in the next chapter of my career” 👍

Great interview, very level headed bloke. Even says he wouldn’t change anything about getting his ACL injury just as his career was taking off. And it sounds like for a couple of months before that injury he was electrifying. 8 “assists” in 12 games in the championship. That’s some form.

Oh, and I think it’s best if SE doesn’t try to turn him into a wingback 😂

Last edited:
If he wasn't fit for 6 or 7 years I would seriously worry.

It’s not like he’s not been fit for 6 years Chris. Have a listen to that interview, it pretty much maps out his career from when he joined Wolves.

Basically -

Broke through into Wolves first team under Kenny Jackett in the Championship around 2016 I think. Played 12 straight with a couple of goals and 8 assists! That is phenomenal and he was very highly rated.

Then got his serious ACL injury that put him out for about a year.

On his return, management had changed and he couldn’t fight his way back into their first team.

Out on loan to Oxford where he apparently tore it up and was excellent (but div 2 I think, maybe div 1).

Returned when Nuno became manager, but he purchased a couple of expensive wingers as they went up to Prem. Couldn’t get into Nuno’s plans. Out on loan again to Fulham (apparently didn’t go well). And then on loan to us.

All through that period after he came back from his ACL he was either playing at loan clubs (all his appearances) or in Wolves U23’s. So he has played most weeks not been injured. He just couldn’t get into a top Champ/Prem side.

Edit - and apparently main reason he couldn’t get past the 2 major signings was that Nuno wanted to turn him into a wingback. So he only ever put him there in training. He tried, didn’t like it, didn’t play well there, so here we are.