Jordan Burrow | Vital Football

Jordan Burrow

gw54

Vital Squad Member
According to today's Telegraph,

'Already compared with Jamie Vardy, the forward,23, could leave Halifax in January, with a number of football league clubs interested'.

I assume any transfer fee will be heading in our direction as we still hold his registration?

I did question at the time why we released him rather than a free transfer with a sell on clause.

That time of the year when Agents plant the seed of FL Clubs chasing any striker who's scoring goals!

Looking at the highlights Nathan Blissett doesn't look the most gifted footballer. Seemed to struggle to even strike the ball properly. Seemed like the epitome of what is wrong with 'modern' footballers, who favour athletic ability over skill.

I liked Burrow. I think he has proved a few doubters on this forum wrong. He would've done pretty well alongside Matt Rhead I suspect.

gijsbert_bos - 7/12/2015 15:27

Looking at the highlights Nathan Blissett doesn't look the most gifted footballer. Seemed to struggle to even strike the ball properly. Seemed like the epitome of what is wrong with 'modern' footballers, who favour athletic ability over skill.
Just as long as we are not making snap judgements based on the highlights of one game then! :eek:

Blissett is crap, said it when we signed him. If Rhead were to get injured (heaven forbid) then we're fooked.

Steve O'Dare - 8/12/2015 14:14

Just as long as we are not making snap judgements based on the highlights of one game then! :eek:

He's crap mate.

collingham imps - 7/12/2015 14:59

Not for me - notice he hasn't scored for a few games now - could flatter to deceive as he did here.

Apart from the one game before last of course

I'm not really going to comment on Blissett just yet, but he did only hit the target once when going the shooting drills in his warm up before the Welling game, was slightly worrying!

gijsbert_bos - 8/12/2015 16:56

Steve O'Dare - 8/12/2015 14:14

He's crap mate.
You may well be right but he is here for a month and should be given the opportunity to prove you right or wrong!

You have to have on opinion for it to be proved right or wrong. He'll have to prove me wrong too. Hopefully he will.

Skip155 - 9/12/2015 08:24

You have to have on opinion for it to be proved right or wrong. He'll have to prove me wrong too. Hopefully he will.
Sometimes it takes an awful long time for the manager to finally see some points of view!
Jon Nolan and Alan Power are 2 of the current crop. I'm sure the list could go on for some way!