Jones signs for Wrexham | Page 5 | Vital Football

Jones signs for Wrexham

Montgomeryshire and the Rhayader Valley. Fresh air, walking, cycling and space but others want the same and quite often 50k above the asking price gets you that, that’s why I’m still looking !

Red kites galore there!

Phil Parkinson speaking about the signing of James Jones:

"...when we realised we could get him for free I just thought it was too good a deal to turn down... they had to move a player out to get one in"

I suspect his weekly wage is not free! If he was never going to play may as well give him away

I don't see why the English FA allow Welsh clubs to play in the English leagues and cup competitions. Celtic and Rangers from o'er the border can't get in. I am aware of the history of why the Welsh clubs play in the English pyramid, but there is now a League pyramid in Wales and has been since the early 90's. Hypothetical, but how would UEFA and FIFA view the situation should the UK break up into 4 or however many countries. Are there any precedents around the world?

I don't think it would make much difference. We currently have 5 different Associations in the British Isles and that wouldn't change. The Welsh clubs already playing in the English league were given dispensation to play in England and Colwyn Bay even took the Welsh FA to court when they tried to force them to play in Wales.

Apart from that, Wales isn't, never has been and never will be a nation in it's own right and that isn't likely to change. Scotland I can see becoming a separate county in name and little else and Northern Ireland becoming part of a United Ireland (after a period of civil war) but I can also see the status quo bumbling along for another 50 years (after which I won't care because I will be dead).

I don't think it would make much difference. We currently have 5 different Associations in the British Isles and that wouldn't change. The Welsh clubs already playing in the English league were given dispensation to play in England and Colwyn Bay even took the Welsh FA to court when they tried to force them to play in Wales.

Apart from that, Wales isn't, never has been and never will be a nation in it's own right and that isn't likely to change. Scotland I can see becoming a separate county in name and little else and Northern Ireland becoming part of a United Ireland (after a period of civil war) but I can also see the status quo bumbling along for another 50 years (after which I won't care because I will be dead).
Amen

I suppose the other thing with moving to Wrexham is that it's less than 30 miles from Crewe if he still has family and friends in that region.

Looked to have a very good game tonight until subbed around the 80th minute.
Yes he stood out for me too, very unlucky with his disallowed goal that looked onside.

Wrexham 14 seasons in non-league, and owners of the largest tarpaulin I've ever seen covering an entire terrace!!!