Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Yeah it's a massive boost, not only coz he's one of our best players but he seems like the kind of character that can only boost an already great atmosphere around the training ground.

Can't see him making a full return. Neither can Bruce. But some game time before next season would be very useful. This time we need to be very careful with him.

Good grief. This could be stunning news for the run in to this oh so crucial season for Aston Villa.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524502">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I think it’s worth pointing out that we are where we are in the league despite not being able to play our strongest spine at any point this season i.e. Johnstone- Terry - Jedinak - Kodjia.

Full credit to Bruce and if we can get Jonathan back, and match fit, for half our remaining fixtures then that can only be a major boost.

If fit would include Kodjia any day above Hogan. Would love to see him up top with Grealish playing off him. Has that been done yet?, can't recall or not.
Not having a go at Hogan btw just different players and Kodjia offers more in my opinion. Kodjia will do more in terms of creating his own chances aswell as finishing the ones created for him, as oppose to Hogan who is very much a penalty box striker who needs something created for him it seems. Which unfortunately we don't seem to do enough .

Hogan's a poacher; it's his movement off the ball which creates danger. Kodjia spells danger just with the ball at his feet. It's nice having the choice. But a poacher relies on other players knowing where he is and what he can do. Kodjia can do it on his own. With Jack playing as he is, having Kodjia there could be terrific.

I'm a huge fan of what Codger can do when he wants to. But he has to know and see that we are better when we aren't reliant on one player and he needs to win the game before his selfishness kicks in.

We have some real momentum, and the Codg needs to aid that and not stifle it.

I 100% believe that if Jack and Kodjia has been fit at the start of the season we'd be top of the league.

No pissing about with 4-4-2 again. We need to keep the system that's been working for us.

I think Bruce has deliberately downplayed Kodja’s potential return to keep opponents guessing and to motivate the current group of strikers. Would love to see him back for the run-in - he’ll cause some problems for certain!

I'd agree with that GM, in effect having recovered enough to resume training he's going to have time for a full pre season (minus as many friendly games) effectively by the time we get to 3/4 games remaining if I've got my dates right.

Even as a final 30 minute option it's a good option to have.