Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Without Kodjia last season we could have been relegated; he was the only teeth we had. We have to see what he can do in an improved team setup. He said about the time he was injured that he was working on improving his working with other players.

Kodjia was our best player last season and without him we struggled to cause any kind of threat. One good game against Norwich (and a cup game against lower league opposition) without him doesn't mean we should just discard our best player. Yes he can be very wasteful but that's what you get at times with creative players.

I think he's better as a centre forward but he could be moved into the left if you want to play Hogan or Davis as well.

He'd fit quite well into this setup:

Johnstone

Chester Terry

Bree Jedi Bjarnason

Adomah Davis Kodjia Hogan Green

Oh for the good old days :8:

McParlandTheGreat - 23/8/2017 12:53

He'd fit quite well into this setup:

Johnstone

Chester Terry

Bree Jedi Bjarnason

Adomah Davis Kodjia Hogan Green

Oh for the good old days :8:
Blimey mate even Keegan wasn't that gung ho :3: I like ya style though :35:

At one time 2-3-5 was standard. Players had positions like inside forward, centre forward, and were meant to keep to those positions. Peter McParland was an exception; he was a left winger who popped up almost anywhere except the left wing, pretty effective.

This is still way ahead of time in terms of the original 6 months timeframe, We were initially not expecting him back before October so its still ahead in my mind. I just think they were hoping and possibly rushing a bit desperate to have him back as he was our only scorer basically last season, and we starting the season struggling for goals again.

Personally I dont think its a disaster, what would have been a disaster is if we were desperate for him to come back and solve our goalscoring problems. We were far too reliant on him last season and the main objective pre season should have been to find a solution to our lack of goal scoring without Kodjia knowing that he was out for some time. That didnt happen obviously for whatever reason but now Bruce finally seems to be getting somewhere and i think another month to either strike up a partnership between Davis and Hogan or settle on a style that gets goals out of the team is more important than having Kodjia back.

We know Kodjia can score and will score in any system, the rest of the team not scoring is the issue unless Kodjia is going to get 65 goals this season, so to me this is key and then having Kodjia back as and when will be a bonus that will hopefully give us plenty of options.

I will also add, if Kodjia had been available to start the season do you think Bruce would have changed his approach or stuck to the defensive setup and lump it to Kodjia to nick us one?
I really think this could be a blessing in disguise, and may force Bruce into playing a different more positive way which maybe we are already starting to see for whatever reason, luck or judgement

Given the amount of time it's taken Bromsgrove, I'd hazard a guess that 'luck' had 110% to do with the change over the last couple of games.

Looks like a bit of good news might be on the horizon for Aston Villa.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524370">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Don't overdo it, Jonathan! There was a video of him couple of weeks ago on an exercise machine.

This time they need to be really careful. The right exercise should strengthen the bone, but it doesn't need extreme stresses. Great news though. :94:

It would be amazing to get him fit for the last half dozen games, wouldn't it? If the chips are down, I'd take him to nick a vital goal or two in the big games, if needed.

:94:

Hopefully he'll be banging them in for us soon enough. It will be interesting to see how he fits in if asked to play a more conventional striking role.

Back in training on Monday.

If we have him available for the last 4-5 games , that would be a massive boost.