Jonas olsson | Vital Football

Jonas olsson

Can't imagine he's got much pace, but then John Terry never had any pace and he did ok at centre half. If CBs read the game well, pace isn't a deal breaker.

Another experienced head won't do any harm in the dressing room either.

Let's give him a chance before we decide whether it's a crap signing or not. Good pros can easily play until they're 38-40, especially defenders.

Crouch just went back to the Premier League at 38, and he's a striker ffs.

Olsson was a great player in his prime, he never had any pace back then it was all about positioning, organising and the physicality so in theory those shouldn't be that diminished by age. He said as much in his interview after joining.

Warnock, Perkins, Jussi, DeZeeuw, Henchoz and Matty Jackson all did a great job for us despite their advancing years so i'd never say the age of a player means they automatically wont be any good. He may be another ever green player who can still perform at this level.

We paid zero money and he is here until the summer, likely on very low wages - so at worst we've got an experienced back up player who will only see first team action if we have an injury crisis and can help the younger players with his experience and leadership, at best we have a good defender who will make us better.

This signing doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's super low risk if it goes wrong with a potential big upside if it goes right. Age means nothing, it's what they do on the pitch that counts.

Fox and Olsson could end up our centre half pairing and being our throw back to the fantastic job DeZeeuw and Henchoz / Jackson did despite their advancing years.

Great point that King I'm hoping so
Fox and Olsson could end up our centre half pairing and being our throw back to the fantastic job DeZeeuw and Henchoz / Jackson did despite their advancing years.

PS The young lad from Everton is getting really great reviews as well from the toffee fans they think he's a big future
"When he propels Wigan Athletic out of its relegation fight, then doesn’t want to return to Everton next season, you’ll know who to blame Marco Silva "

Last edited:
We were here two years ago with that United reject who took two months to get fit.

They'll be trying to get Alan Tankard out of retirement to fill the hole at left back next.

Decent signing I think, the blokes a monster and we finally might fricken teams at corners ......as Dunkley hasn’t bothered anyone this season as an attacking threat and Kipre is ineffective in the opposition box