Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 577 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

I went hiking again today. On the way I met some mountain bikers sawing through a fallen tree which was blocking the trail for them. I helped them saw through the tree and then push it off the trail. It's surprising the number of trees which fall over in the jungle.

Another little incident along the way was when we encountered some banana trees along the way on a slightly different route and my youngest started freaking out. She remembered that I told her that snakes like to hang out in banana trees. The idea that animals in the jungle are all hanging around waiting for humans to show up so that they can attack us is pretty deeply engrained in the human psyche.

I've been having stomach problems recently which were diagnosed as GERD (acid reflux). I have to cut out some foods and drinks out of my diet. I've gone from 2 cups of coffee and at least 4 cups of tea to 2 or 3 cups of tea a day. I'm sleeping better at night but I feel zonked. Very lethargic and tired all day.

Has anyone on here quit caffeine before?

I've been having stomach problems recently which were diagnosed as GERD (acid reflux). I have to cut out some foods and drinks out of my diet. I've gone from 2 cups of coffee and at least 4 cups of tea to 2 or 3 cups of tea a day. I'm sleeping better at night but I feel zonked. Very lethargic and tired all day.

I try and fail when it comes to caffeine. I have little energy anyway with the brain aches, caffeine just keeps me going that little bit.

For the stomach, try some decent potassium tablets, not a cure-all, but helps me massively with acid reflux (hiatus hernia doo dah) I use solgar potassium. Few months back I thought I didn't need it any more, stopped and the symptoms soon returned. So evidently works for me.

I have a Hiatus Hernia which causes reflux acid and take a tablet called Lansoprazole each morning. I only used to take them when I needed them but my Consultant advised one every day because the reflux acid can cause stomach ulcers.

Last edited:
I have a Hiatus Hernia which causes reflux acid and take a tablet called Lansprazole each morning. I only used to take them when I needed them but my Consultant advised one every day because the reflux acid can cause stomach ulcers.

The guy gave me some pills I am supposed to take every morning but I stopped taking them. They didn't seem to be making any difference.

I try and fail when it comes to caffeine. I have little energy anyway with the brain aches, caffeine just keeps me going that little bit.

For the stomach, try some decent potassium tablets, not a cure-all, but helps me massively with acid reflux (hiatus hernia doo dah) I use solgar potassium. Few months back I thought I didn't need it any more, stopped and the symptoms soon returned. So evidently works for me.

I will give the potassium a go.

I started taking ZMA pills a while ago. It's zinc, magnesium and something else that I can't remember but it begins with a. Someone said they were good for jacked mofos like me hitting the gym but I stopped taking them because I was horny as a dog in heat. Lol.