Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 89 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

I think it sums up perfectly what a shit show this country is that we can't even have standardised bin colours.

P.S. Black for general waste, Green for recycling and brown for garden waste is the correct way.

Really interesting. The same colours for us.

EXCEPT The green one is for garden waste and brown is for plastics and cardboard .

C9690872-7FB4-4D85-B2BB-7074099B8898.jpeg

Green wheelie bin. Fortnightly Garden waste March to October.
Blue Bag cardboard, paper. Fortnightly year round.
Black box, glass fortnightly year round
Green Bag plastic and tins. Fortnightly. Year round.
Black wheelie bin. Weekly general rubbish, weekly, year round.

Not shown:

Garden compost bin purchased from council for £4

We have Black one for General waste, Green for garden wast,e and a green one with a blue lid for recycling, plus a little brown bin for food waste plus a small grey container for food waste before you put it in the brown one so that the brown one lives outside and doesn't stink your kitchen out . Sandwell is Labour council
First time I've used the Green one for months and the feckers haven't emptied it

We dont have dust bins down here because of the very steep little narrow streets.
What we do have are gull proof sacks (black) with a velcro strip to put the bin bags in to stop the gulls ripping them open.

Black general waste.

Black/Red lid - plastics/cans recycling.

Green - garden/food waste.

What is wrong with the rest of you?

Ok . I will end this right now .

Black bin - general waste
Green bin - recycling
Brown bin - garden waste.
Food waste - small caddy green bin.

Food waste every week
Others every other week with the green and the brown bin collected together.

FACT .
Anything else is weird.

We don’t have a food waste bin. That goes in general waste other than peelings etc which go in the compost bin in the garden as stated. (Black but going grey with age )
I
Somewhat disappointed at :
1) lack of appreciation of the bin photo
2) lack of photos from other garbologists.
3) I made up garbologists.

Last edited:
Goooooooood morning Vital Villans (Thought I'd already said morning!) :wave:

I'm going to go and jet wash my parents patio, while they stay indoors to avoid me... nothing to do with COVID, they just like to avoid me.