Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 106 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

I converted my Boardman Hybrid bike to an ebike just over a week ago. I now can't stop riding it. I actually giggle as I go along.

Going to do a 25 mile ride to Lewes today.

If anyone s thinking of getting one, and is wavering, stop. Just go get it.

Brilliant mate , I've been thinking about converting my Voodoo bike but can't make my mind up , if it will be cheaper to buy a ready-made one they seem to be getting cheaper all the time. It's a £500 mountain bike and I've ridden it twice in 4 years or so . It's been a complete waste of money just sitting in the shed.
I was thinking of a crank drive rather than a hub motor

Good luck mate. I'm currently with BT and can't wait until my contract ends in November. They are the biggest shysters I have ever dealt with.
Too right they are. I am sort of stuck with them down her, as the only decent alternative for broadband is Sky which doesnt fill me with cheer.
I got to the point of changing last year, and actually got a change over date, and then BT got in touch to say I couldnt take my e-mail address with me unless I paid £10pm for the priviledge. Shysters indeed.

Good morning to all, we had one of our grandkids to stay last night....

God how I have missed them, little man treated to a Covid haircut and lots of love.

Brilliant mate , I've been thinking about converting my Voodoo bike but can't make my mind up , if it will be cheaper to buy a ready-made one they seem to be getting cheaper all the time. It's a £500 mountain bike and I've ridden it twice in 4 years or so . It's been a complete waste of money just sitting in the shed.
I was thinking of a crank drive rather than a hub motor

Go for it. I paid £700 for a mid-drive motor, which is the crank drive one. They are better than the hub drives. My only mistake, possibly, was buying the biggest battery they do. It's big in physical size, and I am never going to reach maximum range in any one day. The smaller ones would have done.

You'd be paying over £1,500 for a half decent new ebike.

You certainly do use it more if you know that you always have that little bit of help. I have a condition that means if I push too much I get problems, and this has solved that.

This is what I've just done on it. Ignore the time. I stopped for an hour in Lewes at my friends Ice Cream shop.

strava3999849323695888322.jpg

Go for it. I paid £700 for a mid-drive motor, which is the crank drive one. They are better than the hub drives. My only mistake, possibly, was buying the biggest battery they do. It's big in physical size, and I am never going to reach maximum range in any one day. The smaller ones would have done.

You'd be paying over £1,500 for a half decent new ebike.

You certainly do use it more if you know that you always have that little bit of help. I have a condition that means if I push too much I get problems, and this has solved that.

This is what I've just done on it. Ignore the time. I stopped for an hour in Lewes at my friends Ice Cream shop.

View attachment 39920

Was that £700 including the big battery? Did you get it from China or the UK

It has stopped raining and there is now a clear blue sky.

In other news, my recycling bin has been emptied but the green garden waste bin is still awaiting the lorry. The suspense is cranking up I can tell you. One or two worried neighbours have been out to look up and down the road to see where they are.

Was that £700 including the big battery? Did you get it from China or the UK

Yes, with the big battery and a colour display. You can save on that, as well, by getting a simpler B&W one.

I got it from China, and it took 4 weeks. I could have got it from Germany in 1 week, but it was £200 more. They are both on ebay. It's a Bafang Mid-drive unit, and I read a lot of reviews before buying, and they were all good.

It was easy to fit, if you have the correct Bottom Bracket tool.

Finally managed to upgrade my broadband after 4 days of trying.

They offered me a free upgrade from Fibre 1 (56mbps) to Fibre 2 (74mbps), which would have been the sensible move.

I however am not sensible...

So I am now paying an extra £10 per month for Full Fibre 100 (150mbps).

Thought it was a good investment seeing as there are now 5 of us hammering the broadband and Buddy now has PS Now and can stream playstation games so this will help.