JoMU - the state they are in | Page 2 | Vital Football

JoMU - the state they are in

Today the S*n are getting all giddy about the nature of the JoMU squad after a "£3 billion" takeover by MBS with all sorts of names featuring in a fictional team sheet. No mention of 'distorting the transfer market' or 'infated fees' or 'massive player wage bills'. Oh no.

FFS - is this the same media lot that are so eager to slag off City and owners from the middle East?

I have to say that is an excellent post and a number of points well made.

I nearly feel sorry for them and then recall the piss taking when Swales was running City into the ground, that reminds me to just laugh at them instead.

Good luck with that boycott, it ain't going to happen.

I agree with BD a good find. I remember Rio Ferdinand saying you can buy all the players you want but it cannot guarantee success. We had the same problem with Cooky but we solved that one fairly rapidly and was shunted when he disrespected Nedum Onuoha's mother (another story)

however that quote from Woodward about whatever the playing side does on the pitch does not impact on the Commercial side

It may not now but it will soon, FFP should be looking at Clubs like this because it would be disastrous if they went tits up.

and finally, it is not how much you spend Woodward, it's what you spend it on.

That was a great read 🙂 Thanks for posting Colin 👍🏻

The natives are restless. :rofl:

I particularly liked this comment from one Ryan84. The irony encapsulated within this is just off the scale.....

"Disgusting how can the FA allow this to happen absolute disgrace never in any other league would the biggest club in that league be allowed to be bought on debt read ffp what it was created for then tell me how city and PSG are being investigated and not united owners"
That first part of that post (my emphasis) had me laughing my socks off.

Oh my giddy aunt.

I think Poch is their last big hope, but I don't think he is any better than Maureen and others who have tried at the Swamp post Red Nose, long may their mid table performance last.

Rio Ferdinand....
"These young kids now in schools around the country, they are not going to be wearing Manchester United shirts.
"They are not going to be wanting to come here and support Manchester United based on what you are seeing out there. It's just not going to happen, fans are walking out after 84 minutes.
"It's an embarrassment."​

......but music to our ears.

Funny. I thought players were falling over themselves to play for the great JoMU?

Prepared even to sacrifice their wages for the pure honour of just pulling in that shirt or the promise of a place in the bench......surely that sort of commitment would grease the wheels? Especially if the player was desperate for the move 🤔

Rio Ferdinand....
"These young kids now in schools around the country, they are not going to be wearing Manchester United shirts.
"They are not going to be wanting to come here and support Manchester United based on what you are seeing out there. It's just not going to happen, fans are walking out after 84 minutes.
"It's an embarrassment."​

......but music to our ears.
There's always Asia, I suppose.....
images.jpg