JoMU - the state they are in | Page 28 | Vital Football

JoMU - the state they are in

Yes, they will splurge, they’ll have to but with no CL and possibly a berth in the dreaded Conference, no really top-flight player will want to go there surely?

This will be the test, together with a wages/transfer fee premium, a stick that was thrown at us after the takeover?
It'll be interesting to see how they cut their losses in these regards, as, it's been pointed out, who will sign the discards?

This will be the test, together with a wages/transfer fee premium, a stick that was thrown at us after the takeover?
It'll be interesting to see how they cut their losses in these regards, as, it's been pointed out, who will sign the discards?
Some discards will run down their contracts and then hope to get picked up

It was clear even from the highlights that these guys were going through the motions.

No challenges of any note (can't risk gett myself injured and jeopardizing either a move or being sidelined and off the radar when the new boss arrives {out if sight, out of mind.....out of a contract}) and no pressing or real effort. A piss poor return on the investment made. An £80m defender brought on to keep the score respectable (this is relative as it was 4-0 drubbing)?

Imagine the headlines had City had the league position outcomes they have managed ov the past decade? [See the post above]. The media would have gone mental.

Sky reports yesterday stated that the Rags could have signed Haaland for 18m years ago but refused to do so becasue they would not permit a release clause in his contract.

Hubris from JoMU. They refused to back themselves to keep a young player and feared that such a clause would be a sign of weakness - perhaps fearing that a BIGGER club might embarrass them by activating such a clause?

Sky reports yesterday stated that the Rags could have signed Haaland for 18m years ago but refused to do so becasue they would not permit a release clause in his contract.

Hubris from JoMU. They refused to back themselves to keep a young player and feared that such a clause would be a sign of weakness - perhaps fearing that a BIGGER club might embarrass them by activating such a clause?

The introduction of FFP with JoMU being one of the main instigators may have backfired on them
They had hoped to destroy City, but City rather than just an Owner coming in and buying players actually changed the Club and invested into the local community their message was clear to create a global brand which they have continued to do since 2008, but rather than destroy City, JoMU inept sense that they hijacked players that were picked by City as suitable for the style of play being played at the Etihad.
Now all that The Stretford Club can offer is a lesser European competition but they still have that problem of attracting those players who crave Champions League football and Yes the name of JoMU is one of the biggest Clubs in the World but they will have to pay over the top prices for players to come to the club and have struggled since 2013 when they last won the title and it may take another 5 seasons for them to win it again but they can longer go out and blow Clubs away with their reputation and money, the latter simply because they would need to break the bank to get players in but they too would be restricted by FFP and whilst their success on the field is successless then sponsorship will be hit.:cry::eek::cry::eek::cry:

The introduction of FFP with JoMU being one of the main instigators may have backfired on them
They had hoped to destroy City, but City rather than just an Owner coming in and buying players actually changed the Club and invested into the local community their message was clear to create a global brand which they have continued to do since 2008, but rather than destroy City, JoMU inept sense that they hijacked players that were picked by City as suitable for the style of play being played at the Etihad.
Now all that The Stretford Club can offer is a lesser European competition but they still have that problem of attracting those players who crave Champions League football and Yes the name of JoMU is one of the biggest Clubs in the World but they will have to pay over the top prices for players to come to the club and have struggled since 2013 when they last won the title and it may take another 5 seasons for them to win it again but they can longer go out and blow Clubs away with their reputation and money, the latter simply because they would need to break the bank to get players in but they too would be restricted by FFP and whilst their success on the field is successless then sponsorship will be hit.:cry::eek::cry::eek::cry:
I love your thinking. :giggle:

They tried to manipulate the market but have sold their souls (if they ever had any) to owners who have invested ZERO into the club financially and emotionally.

These capitalists saw only a brand and an opportunity and their failure to create a vision other than "We should win everything BECAUSE we are Man Utd" has been compounded by neglect behind the scenes where there was NO cohesive plan there was only the reliance on the pulling power of their reputation, their former glories AND their now long departed manager. His malign grip on their world strangled any potential sign of a succession plan, he clung on too long desperate to not leave after such a humbling turnaround and no one was strong enough with the board or senior management structure to suggest an alternative.

They have stagnated and rely now only on aging superstars who are looking for the one final big money contract that arriving on a free transfer gives them but who block young talent and unbalance the team. Add to that a flawed recruitment effort which has been based on "owning City by stealing their targets"......and you have multiple failed coach appointments; disharmony in the dressing room; an unbalanced and dysfunctional squad and fans who no longer are able to genuinely put up any sane argument that they remain a force in the Pl.

Underpin all this with a desire to utterly forget where they came from and deny that they were ever a small club because it simply doesn't fit their fantasy narrative.

Oh joy :banana:

Erik ten Hag, the new Manchester United manager, believes he can break Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp’s stranglehold on English football.

“In this moment, I admire them both, Manchester City and Liverpool,” he said. “They both play really fantastic football, both Liverpool and Man City. But you will always see an era can come to an end and I am looking forward to battle with them, and I am sure all the other Premier League clubs will want to do that.”

Asked if that could be done before Guardiola or Klopp left England, Ten Hag added: “I think yeah.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...nveiled-manchester-united-manager-live-latest

Erik ten Hag, the new Manchester United manager, believes he can break Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp’s stranglehold on English football.

“In this moment, I admire them both, Manchester City and Liverpool,” he said. “They both play really fantastic football, both Liverpool and Man City. But you will always see an era can come to an end and I am looking forward to battle with them, and I am sure all the other Premier League clubs will want to do that.”

Asked if that could be done before Guardiola or Klopp left England, Ten Hag added: “I think yeah.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...nveiled-manchester-united-manager-live-latest
Hagy’s at the wheel and his co-driver is……
… island-head Steve McClaren. :lol:

The end of an Athletic piece.

By the time it was all done, a roar could be heard from the United end when the news filtered through that City had saved themselves. A party was starting in Manchester and, 250 miles south, United’s fans were celebrating the news.

It has been this way for a few years and, if anything can tell us what kind of club Ten Hag will be inheriting, this is it.

As De Gea put it: “The best thing that happened today is the season has finished.”

https://theathletic.com/3318751/202...ue-win-not-club-like-manchester-united-become

The end of an Athletic piece.

By the time it was all done, a roar could be heard from the United end when the news filtered through that City had saved themselves. A party was starting in Manchester and, 250 miles south, United’s fans were celebrating the news.

It has been this way for a few years and, if anything can tell us what kind of club Ten Hag will be inheriting, this is it.

As De Gea put it: “The best thing that happened today is the season has finished.”

https://theathletic.com/3318751/202...ue-win-not-club-like-manchester-united-become
I couldn’t read the link Colin, it’s behind a pay thingy. :rolleyes:

Erik the Red will have his work cut out to turn this cluuub around, I for one, do not think he will be up to the task, because he won't be backed when the pressure comes for instant results. Time will tell, of course.

You have to wonder what Performance Targets he will have been set. In other words.... What will his bosses regard as a successful season next time out? Avoiding relegation has to be one. :rofl:

But seriously......to turn them around is going to be some task and it could make or break his career. They are not a 'nimble' club and it will be like stopping a Supertanker......it takes ages. To convert a group of players to play like Ajax with their tempo and work ethic will require a clear out and recruitment. Will they accept another trophyless season as a down payment on future success? They panicked when Moyes gas them mid table......but my maybe their expectations are lower after the years in the wilderness and decade without a league title......🤔