Joke Time | Page 8 | Vital Football

Joke Time

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
“Two hunters are out in the woods in New Jersey when one of them collapses. He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps ‘My friend is dead! What can I do?’ The operator says: ‘Calm down, I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.’ There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says ‘OK, now what?'”

“Two hunters are out in the woods in New Jersey when one of them collapses. He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps ‘My friend is dead! What can I do?’ The operator says: ‘Calm down, I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.’ There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says ‘OK, now what?'”
That joke, believe it or not, was voted the funniest joke ever in Germany. It was about two German hunters in their version but was the same joke

And no, this isn't a joke.......honest

That joke, believe it or not, was voted the funniest joke ever in Germany. It was about two German hunters in their version but was the same joke

And no, this isn't a joke.......honest

I can believe it , the Germans have little in common with our style of comedy.
I think all countries are different , and not just because of any language issues.
I don't find American comics funny , for example.

I think all countries are different , and not just because of any language issues.
I like some American humour, some films are funny, but I'm not keen on their sit coms. I thought the American office was awful for example.

I like some American humour, some films are funny, but I'm not keen on their sit coms. I thought the American office was awful for example.
Yes, totally agree there nobbs. Never laughed at any of their sitcoms. Excessive canned laughter probably makes it even worse for me. Some films funny

Yes, totally agree there nobbs. Never laughed at any of their sitcoms. Excessive canned laughter probably makes it even worse for me. Some films funny
I liked the early CHEERS series. But that apart I do largely agree. Bit surprised nobody has ever done a comedy series solely based in a traditional English pub in the same style.
Once went into a pub near the grand union canal that was great and amusing experience.

I liked the early CHEERS series. But that apart I do largely agree. Bit surprised nobody has ever done a comedy series solely based in a traditional English pub in the same style.
Once went into a pub near the grand union canal that was great and amusing experience.

Never seen cheers so don’t know if it’s the same style or not. But have you ever seen ‘Early Doors’ Chris? Written by Craig Cash of royle family fame, set in a northern pub but very funny. I wonder if the 2 coppers that frequently visit Ken’s back room are anything like nobby?

Never seen cheers so don’t know if it’s the same style or not. But have you ever seen ‘Early Doors’ Chris? Written by Craig Cash of royle family fame, set in a northern pub but very funny. I wonder if the 2 coppers that frequently visit Ken’s back room are anything like nobby?
🤔

No I will have to try to find that one. What station was it last on?
We have netflix and most stations at present not sure after move.

I think Germans generally imagine they have a somewhat similar taste in comedy to us. Dinner For One is viewed by millions on German TV every Christmas and they take many of our programmes. It's peculiar because on the one hand one can be baffled by foreign jokes and comedy one day and laugh out loud at another example the next. Humour and alcohol is a Northern European thing.

The French particularly like mime, the Italians too and I tend to think it isn't a British thing but then we have Rowan Atkinson. He's very popular on the continent. American comics include the best and worst but the best I find very good.

Yeah originally BBC2 then I think the second series was BBC1 due to the popularity. Just had a look on iPlayer yet it doesn’t appear. Nor Netflix. Disappointing.
Took a look on you tube got though a few clips not greatly impressed to be honest.

To make it worse the Tories have sacked the MP for having the intelligence to stand against him.Frankly he should get a medal from Boris for his common sense.

What do you call someone that makes political posts in a thread that is supposed to be for jokes.....?

I've got one (to get us back on track)

- There’s a third off all books at Waterstones. I’ve just bought The Lion, The Witch.

Last edited: