Jokanovic going to be Sacked ? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Jokanovic going to be Sacked ?

Where did this meeting take place, the City Hall? had to be somewhere big enough for the 250 people who know exactly what's happened and what was said by everyone, I guess.

Its the usual thing, every week we moan like fuck that he doesn't know his best formation, never mind his best 11, we moan about playing dreadful crab football, we moan that our £70m strikers have still only got three goals between them (one, Brewsters, that he would never score again..), and we've brought in loan players who aren't even getting a game, but its total disaster when HRH says its enough and its time to move on to the next one.?

So, if this is it, give Hecky the job till the end of season. he did fine after CW left, and is a known entity. I was joking with Rod the other week about getting Chris Morgan in as interim, before we find someone unsuitable, like Jags, who can complete our relegation back to L1. Didn't really expect to be back here again. We need safe hands now, safe hands...

Someone posted earlier this week why the media and football experts see SUFC as small time. I think we now have our answer. The club is run in an amateurish manner, on a shoe string (relative to the support and potential) and the same mistakes keep getting repeated over and over.

Someone posted earlier this week why the media and football experts see SUFC as small time. I think we now have our answer. The club is run in an amateurish manner, on a shoe string (relative to the support and potential) and the same mistakes keep getting repeated over and over.

Everyone, pretty much, was happy with Slav when he was appointed, but he's been a huge disappointment and is taking us nowhere fast. Convince me that isn't true...

I'll be surprised if Hecky isn't the new full time manager. I reckon PA will have told Sav that there's nowt left in the kitty for the players he wants and in fact he'll also have to sell saleable players. Sav will have said 'OK...well I'm not 'appy that you lied to me!'. PA will have asked him what's the least he will walk for and there we have it, he's gone. Cheap as chips FC rides again. 🤬

Last edited:
I'll be surprised if Hecky isn't the new full time manager. I reckon PA will have told Sav that there's nowt left in the kitty for the players he wants and in fact he'll also have to sell saleable players. Sav will have said 'OK...well I'm not 'appy, that you lied to me!'. PA will have asked him what's the least he will walk for and there we have it, he's gone. Cheap as chips FC rides again. 🤬
See my new thread gray

Everyone, pretty much, was happy with Slav when he was appointed, but he's been a huge disappointment and is taking us nowhere fast. Convince me that isn't true...
Problem is that it's always easier to blame the 'other party'.
Everyone loves a scapegoat.Man's ability to take the side of the wronged, regardless of the wronged's own failings is remarkable but consistent.

Just look at BLM.

Can't say I'm disappointed the football and results have been poor, disappointing we have wasted a wedge to get rid.
Look forward to the Princy appearance on Sky to allocate blame.

Fellow Blades- look on the bright side!

Last time we exited the PL the family silver and crown jewels were wasted by the newcomer- Nobson- and left us languishing in Div 3 for 6 years.

This time we've not p!ssed all the money up the wall before getting rid of the new incumbent. That was done the season before:p

Don’t wish him any ill
He didn’t get the right system
But, he inherited some atrocious strikers!!!
Move on

I wonder if he had the players he wanted? Not blaming him when no one knows.

I'm sure he wanted better players, and I'm sure that the funds he wanted for January were probably mismatched with what he was going to get. On the other hand, we have a decent squad of players who he didn't seem to know what to do with. Four at the back?, five at the back? Three at the back? A midfield that isn't working but isn't being changed, persisting with players and tactics long after they appear not to do anything positive. I didn't want him gone, but I can understand why the owners felt that it just isn't good enough. After 19 games we're 18 points off automatic. We're not that bad. Promotion has gone for this year. Instead we are candidates for the 'too good to get relegated' team of the year, the one that ends up getting relegated.

I'm sure he wanted better players, and I'm sure that the funds he wanted for January were probably mismatched with what he was going to get. On the other hand, we have a decent squad of players who he didn't seem to know what to do with. Four at the back?, five at the back? Three at the back? A midfield that isn't working but isn't being changed, persisting with players and tactics long after they appear not to do anything positive. I didn't want him gone, but I can understand why the owners felt that it just isn't good enough. After 19 games we're 18 points off automatic. We're not that bad. Promotion has gone for this year. Instead we are candidates for the 'too good to get relegated' team of the year, the one that ends up getting relegated.
Give Hecky a chance.

I think back to when everyone was happy with the appointment. I think there was an assumption that a manager of Jokanovic's quality would be backed.
The facts are as follows:

Defensive Midfield = Ronaldo Viera, possible the major signing for Slav. All agreed and then failed the medical after weeks of supposed negotiations. We ended up panicking at the 11th hour and signed Hourihane who is well past his best.

Wingers = An integral part of any past successful Jokanovic team. Huffed and puffed and about to sign Collado but we apparently did not get the paperwork done in time. I smelt a strong whiff of bullshit.

Creativity = signed MGW on loan who on the whole has done well. However not our player and could and should have signed Matt Grimes and Joe Rothwell for relatively cheap money.

Defense = Signed Davies on loan, an ok player but nothing permanent when we could have signed Jake Copper with Millwall needing the money.

Keeper = Sold Ramsdale for big money but was not able to replace him with a permanent signing (too expensive). Again left this till the 11th hour and signed Olsen who has been very average at best.

Basically Klopp or Guardiola would have struggled under these circumstances. Any manager would struggle the way this club is being run. It should be the recruitment team and Bettis leaving not Jokanovic but basically this comes down to the Prince gambling on a sustained period of Premiership money and failing.

His lack of financial clout leaves no safety net and here we are.

I think back to when everyone was happy with the appointment. I think there was an assumption that a manager of Jokanovic's quality would be backed.
The facts are as follows:

Defensive Midfield = Ronaldo Viera, possible the major signing for Slav. All agreed and then failed the medical after weeks of supposed negotiations. We ended up panicking at the 11th hour and signed Hourihane who is well past his best.

Wingers = An integral part of any past successful Jokanovic team. Huffed and puffed and about to sign Collado but we apparently did not get the paperwork done in time. I smelt a strong whiff of bullshit.

Creativity = signed MGW on loan who on the whole has done well. However not our player and could and should have signed Matt Grimes and Joe Rothwell for relatively cheap money.

Defense = Signed Davies on loan, an ok player but nothing permanent when we could have signed Jake Copper with Millwall needing the money.

Keeper = Sold Ramsdale for big money but was not able to replace him with a permanent signing (too expensive). Again left this till the 11th hour and signed Olsen who has been very average at best.

Basically Klopp or Guardiola would have struggled under these circumstances. Any manager would struggle the way this club is being run. It should be the recruitment team and Bettis leaving not Jokanovic but basically this comes down to the Prince gambling on a sustained period of Premiership money and failing.

His lack of financial clout leaves no safety net and here we are.

Too many assumed he wouldn't have come if he wasn't to be backed by the Owner, not sure why.
He shares our values and interest in player development while also possessing the ambition and determination to get the most out of our current squad.
That's why they appointed Hecky, I'm sure the board appointed Slav with the same remit. I imagine the owner backed him as much as much as the club could afford, hopefully without putting the club at risk. I imagine the wages for the four loans is hefty and it wouldn't surprise me me if some weren't returned to sender.

You'll be back MNM............its like an itch that just wont go away
Feel the same today - but you can't just ditch a club - you're stuck with it for life

I ditched the club for 9 years once Aya when I moved from Sheffield
Didn't particularly miss it, didn't listen to the radio or watch them on TV on the odd occasion they were on.

I even denied them, when people in Cheshire asked me who I supported I'd say "No one in particular"

My employer then sent me back to Sheffield just in time for the Warnock years and I was convinced by a mate that this was a different Sheffield United nowadays

So dumping them off won't bother me in the slightest anymore, I've done my bit, and got nothing back for it apart from embarrassing days like today 99.99% of the time.