Johnson's got Corona | Vital Football

Johnson's got Corona

It will be very interesting how he comes through it. Imagine both Boris and Donald (were he to fall ill too) coming through it rather well and rather quickly (or the reverse, although I think that less likely) and the effect on the policy debate and on people's behaviour.

Last edited:
Seemed inevitable after one of his senior medical/scientific advisors got it last week. He's a human being whatever his politics and those with suppressed glee need to look at themselves in the mirror. This virus is a killer and has recently taken a 16 year old healthy girl in France. I for one don't wish this virus on anyone.

How can anyone be conflicted or happy about this? For starters he's a human being like the rest of us. You might not like him but he'll have family and loved ones.

For this to all be over we need the virus to stop spreading so him catching it isn't helping. Also, he is our PM so I'd have thought you'd want someone running the country in a time like this to be at his full capacity.

For what it's worth I don't like the guy but I certainly have no part of me that wants him to get ill.

Westminster is a hot spot so this was always a possibility. The further worry is if it has spread through those at the head of government. The very last thing we need is numbers of them falling seriously ill. The man is an arse in my opinion but I hope he makes the speediest of recoveries.

If the PM and Hancock have no other health problems, then they should be ok in a week or so, Therefore we can leave everything in the safe hands of Michael Gove:yes:

I predict that the next announcement will be some of the journalists who insisted on post statement questions.
Our little game was judging categories.
Most aggressive (Beth Rigby)
Stupidest (Laura)
Longest (Peston)
Most woke (anyone from the Guardian)

I'd heard that it was just mild symptoms. Obviously I don't wish harm on anyone, not even Johnson or Trump (just about, in the case of Trump as his existence is a serious danger to others).

This may turn out to be a good thing in that people may take it more seriously now. That isn't me having a dig at Johnson but saying it could help, oddly enough. Also shows no one is safe, no matter what their position, wealth or social status.

Last edited:
I predict that the next announcement will be some of the journalists who insisted on post statement questions.
Our little game was judging categories.
Most aggressive (Beth Rigby)
Stupidest (Laura)
Longest (Peston)
Most woke (anyone from the Guardian)
I've not listened to many of the daily bulletins but the most peurile one I heard was the woman from the DM who seemed to be worried about the effect on Mother's Day and would Johnson be visiting his mum.

Massive crisis and we get cretins like that who write stuff that millions read. Waste of a question. Even the bloke from the Sun asked pertinent questions.