Johnson or Worrall | Page 2 | Vital Football

Johnson or Worrall

In one of the Sunday papers it is alleged that West Ham are looking to make an offer for Worrall.With the list of admirers rising it is deemed inevitable he will be on its way.I would expect to see Mbe Soh starting next week. Let's hope Hughton is given a reasonable amount of funds ,deriving from any sale , to use to improve the side.

In one of the Sunday papers it is alleged that West Ham are looking to make an offer for Worrall.With the list of admirers rising it is deemed inevitable he will be on its way.I would expect to see Mbe Soh starting next week. Let's hope Hughton is given a reasonable amount of funds ,deriving from any sale , to use to improve the side.
With the strides Moyes is making at West Ham, if they came in with a good offer I would expect him to go.

Moyes is another who seems to be good at bringing on centre backs and his redemption as a manager is almost complete.

It is difficult to begrudge a move for Worrall as he has already stayed a season longer than I thought he would but I am still hoping he gives us one more year.

Could well be that Dawson gets a final run out for us in the last game.

After much reflection i think im going with the zed suggestion, they can both pull me off as long as they say to me, to you.

With the strides Moyes is making at West Ham, if they came in with a good offer I would expect him to go.

Moyes is another who seems to be good at bringing on centre backs and his redemption as a manager is almost complete.

It is difficult to begrudge a move for Worrall as he has already stayed a season longer than I thought he would but I am still hoping he gives us one more year.

First thing to take into account is that the rumour has come from Nixon who has a record for telling the truth second only to Boris.

Worrall will go at some point but I do not think it will be in the summer; why sell him when the transfer market is on the floor?

The Chairman has already gone on record and stated that we do not need to sell; he has also stated that the losses in the next set of accounts is less than the losses posted in the last set of accounts.

If that is the case we certainly do not have to sell to comply with P & S

Burnley and West Ham have already been frightened off by the asking price once and I just cannot see them meeting it this time around, so unless someone higher up the food chain comes in for him I cannot see him going.

If anyone goes it will be Johnson and that will be because he is turning down a new contract.

First thing to take into account is that the rumour has come from Nixon who has a record for telling the truth second only to Boris.

Worrall will go at some point but I do not think it will be in the summer; why sell him when the transfer market is on the floor?

The Chairman has already gone on record and stated that we do not need to sell; he has also stated that the losses in the next set of accounts is less than the losses posted in the last set of accounts.

Burnley and West Ham have already been frightened off by the asking price once and I just cannot see them meeting it this time around, so unless someone higher up the food chain comes in for him I cannot see him going.

If anyone goes it will be Johnson and that will be because he is turning down a new contract.
And that's fine- sell Johnson if that is the way. What we've never had, we never miss and what we did see at the beginning of the season was clearly nothing like as effective as he's been in league one.

If he's spent one season in League One at Lincoln and suddenly Forest aren't big enough for him then by all means, let's cash in as much as we can without emotion nor sentiment.

And that's fine- sell Johnson if that is the way. What we've never had, we never miss and what we did see at the beginning of the season was clearly nothing like as effective as he's been in league one.

If he's spent one season in League One at Lincoln and suddenly Forest aren't big enough for him then by all means, let's cash in as much as we can without emotion nor sentiment.
Just make sure to add in a sell on just in case...

There are a few sides looking at centre backs and even with the market on the floor I would be surprised if there aren’t any sides willing to offer north of £10m for him. If not then great we will have one of the best central defensive pairings in the division.

Problem is we need funds for the players we are going to be after. If it’s Johnson that goes to fund them then great but not sure that will be enough...

The reality is we're highly likely to be selling one or the other, the decision will be down to the players as much as us.

Keep both & at the end of next season if we are still in the Championship then perhaps sell.

We need to be looking at selling players Taylor, Figs, Arter, Yates, and Grabs. These players will get some sort of fee.
Then we have the out of contracts and loan players.
Re-sign Christie, and Garner on loan and maybe Krov.
The youngsters are coming back like Johnson and Gabriel.

The trick is can we cut loose Bong, Jenks, Bachirou, and maybe Colback and Carv. Even if we are stuck with Colback/Carv, we must get rid of the first 3.

With wage savings in having close to 15 players leave, plus some transfer fees for those players clearly not worth keeping (Yates, Grabs, Figs, Taylor, Arter) we should get something approaching 4-5m between those 5 wouldn't you think?

Do we resign Ameobi to a 1 year deal? If so, then I see the need to buy a LB (Even if Ioannu stays) a dominant centre mid to play with Garner, another starting winger, plus 3 forwards. One on loan, plus 2 purchases.

Not sure why you dont rate BJ. He's looked class to me and looked class when he played in the first team. He certainly looked better than league one standard and considering his age his stature is great too. I think this season showed that quite clearly and he's attracting premiership clubs.

Its maybe a dozen seasons on the trot that weve looked at selling the future of the club and we have had no sucess doing this, in fact we have had abject failure. When the board say they have learned from the crap transfer policies then the big fundamental thing to see is to stop selling your best players.

Not sure why you dont rate BJ. He's looked class to me and looked class when he played in the first team. He certainly looked better than league one standard and considering his age his stature is great too. I think this season showed that quite clearly and he's attracting premiership clubs.

Its maybe a dozen seasons on the trot that weve looked at selling the future of the club and we have had no sucess doing this, in fact we have had abject failure. When the board say they have learned from the crap transfer policies then the big fundamental thing to see is to stop selling your best players.
I didn't say I didn't rate him. I've hardly seen him. I have nothing on which to base an opinion.

But if he and his dad are refusing a new contract so as to force a move to greener pastures then the lad should not play a single game for this club until that happens.

I have no interest in providing a development platform (and enduring the mistakes) of someone who fully intends to slap us in the face and has no intention of even being our player. The compensation we will get will be chicken feed, he knows that, so if he is determined to shaft the club out of a decent fee (which is no skin off his nose either way) then why would we waste a squad place on him?

Sign a reasonable contract and I have no problem with him being part of our plans if he is good enough