Johnson on TV tonight | Vital Football

Johnson on TV tonight

RotherhitheGill

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just getting a beer ready to watch Johnson on TV tonight at 20.30hrs. However, I'm getting some string to tie one end to my toe, the other end to the bottle. This is just in case I want to chuck the bottle at the stumble bum when he tells us the bleeding obvious or measures that we should have taken weeks ago:mad:

What an arsehole!

What's he doing about non essential workers who are still travelling to work?

One form of exercise a day - think I'll run a marathon every day?

Once again he asks, not instructs - no balls when it comes to it.

What an arsehole!

The legislation he needs is winging it's way through parliament right now.
His hands are tied until then and he can only ask , rather than order

What an arsehole!

I think he's tied his own hands with this 80 per cent wage guarantee- he can't afford now to close down all non-essential workplaces. I work in just such a place and I can assure you there's very little social distancing going on here. Warehouse and manual work can obviously not be done from home but that seems to be being ignored.

I think the problem is he asked people to stay away from each other, not meet up unnecessarily and act sensibly last week. And look at what happened...... most understand the dangers and adhere to it. Some people are incapable of heeding advice and doing the right thing.

I notice when reading a preprepared speech, with no questions afterwards, he speaks quite well.

Thinks he is Churchill. I met someone on Saturday who actually does think he is like Churchill and "playing a blinder".

In fairness it is a horrendous situation and any government would be criticised by one side or the other re what action should be taken.

However. from personal knowledge I know the government are not providing enough protection for the front line emergency service workers. My contact in the police assumes she will contract the virus sooner or later (makes a change from being spat at by someone with TB she joked).

What really irritated me, oddly enough, was the fact the he could speak coherently for several minutes rather than the affected stuttering gibberish that got him the Tory leadership and job as PM. Why didn't he speak properly before now? ******.

I think the problem is he asked people to stay away from each other, not meet up unnecessarily and act sensibly last week. And look at what happened...... most understand the dangers and adhere to it. Some people are incapable of heeding advice and doing the right thing.

I notice when reading a preprepared speech, with no questions afterwards, he speaks quite well.
Spot on. See my rant.

Same old shit, a few ruin it for everyone else

Pinhead - does he want to stop the virus or not? Half hearted measures will not work. He needed to offer the 5m self employed some incentive before introducing measures that will only make things more difficult for them. Only seems to want to address half the problem.

What's he offered them so far, other than insecurity?

I'll let you know what it looks like on the tube tomorrow.

Pinhead - does he want to stop the virus or not? Half hearted measures will not work. He needed to offer the 5m self employed some incentive before introducing measures that will only make things more difficult for them. Only seems to want to address half the problem.

What's he offered them so far, other than insecurity?

I'll let you know what it looks like on the tube tomorrow.
Is your journey absolutely essential?

thought he was good. Has been since the election Scary thing is labour could have won, what a frightening thought. Think we would all be in meltdown now if the poor excuse for a labour party had won.

There
thought he was good. Has been since the election Scary thing is labour could have won, what a frightening thought. Think we would all be in meltdown now if the poor excuse for a labour party had won.

There is no evidence for your statement apart from prejudice against one political group or another.
Only when people are put into a situation do you see their worth (one way or the other). Most of the research, recommendations, planning and work is being carried out by the same existing departments or authorities no matter who is charge.

From working on very large national and international projects I appreciate just how complex and intricate each element must be. People seem to think that these things are so easy to get going whilst handling the logistics in short periods, this why the military planners are involved.

Thats why I believe that the government introduces each stage in order as the resources and processes are moved into place.
Next stage obviously will be stronger powers for the police etc once the new bill passes this week. Stage after that will be the assistance of the army (as we dont have the services of the missing 20,000 police). Also we will see movement this week on the help for the self employed once the myriad of complexities are sorted this week.

Apart from the failure to have enforced rationing of items at supermarkets weeks ago and the f up over distribution of existing safety equipment to the hospitals and police I think that the situation has been handled competently.

Thinks he is Churchill. I met someone on Saturday who actually does think he is like Churchill and "playing a blinder".

In fairness it is a horrendous situation and any government would be criticised by one side or the other re what action should be taken.

However. from personal knowledge I know the government are not providing enough protection for the front line emergency service workers. My contact in the police assumes she will contract the virus sooner or later (makes a change from being spat at by someone with TB she joked).

What really irritated me, oddly enough, was the fact the he could speak coherently for several minutes rather than the affected stuttering gibberish that got him the Tory leadership and job as PM. Why didn't he speak properly before now? ******.
We should be thanking Bert Cummings for that rousing speech. Although in fairness Boris didn't really have an option; so, no chance to bluff but just give a straightforward prepared speech.

"Also we will see movement this week on the help for the self employed once the myriad of complexities are sorted this week."

I wonder if the self employed will get help based on the earnings they declared for tax purposes? 😉
I can't think how they can help by any other method.
Having your cake and eating it , works both ways.

"Also we will see movement this week on the help for the self employed once the myriad of complexities are sorted this week."

I wonder if the self employed will get help based on the earnings they declared for tax purposes? 😉

Evidently that is one of the major issues they have been struggling with.
If all self employed are posting accounts then they would need to pay tax in advance (twice a year) based on last years tax against pay. The need to pay advance tax now has been suspended. At least this would handle most of the situation as everthibg is logged with hmrc.

The two problems are 1, creative accounts show very small taxable income and 2, earnings are simply not submitted to hmrc.