Johnson and Sunak... | Vital Football

Johnson and Sunak...

Sunak's big test as to whether he was in the frame for future leadership of the Tory Party was always going to depend on what dirt the media did or didn't have up their sleeves on him.

With his wife's tax affairs card having been played, and the lockdown fine own goal I think we now have the answer. Apparently the public and his colleagues aren't too happy with his handling of the economy either - it always comes in threes.

No doubt for Boris it's just another blip that he will bullishly shrug off. Whatever people may think of the bloke he could certainly teach cats a thing or two about extending their nine lives.

If Sunak had resigned when a lot of this stuff started, feel like he'd have a shot at being PM now. As it is, can barely see him in politics much longer. If you bin the work you're doing where you're earning megabucks I think the aim is probably to get the PM job... not sure he'll ever get close now (what a shame).

Like @hulloutpost says, improbable that it brings down Johnson. Even the e-mail newsletters etc this morning focused on Sunak rather than the PM, and it seems like Sunak's rule breaking was less egregious. Perhaps if it were not for Ukraine and the ensuing media landscape the heat would be turned up a bit more on him too.

Tbh, Sunak hasn't seemed very good at politics. Rumours are that he'll get fired soon anyway after the spring statement and falling out of line with no.10 - you'd think if he had resigned even yesterday, the heat would be on Johnson (at least a little bit)!

If Sunak had resigned when a lot of this stuff started, feel like he'd have a shot at being PM now. As it is, can barely see him in politics much longer. If you bin the work you're doing where you're earning megabucks I think the aim is probably to get the PM job... not sure he'll ever get close now (what a shame).

Like @hulloutpost says, improbable that it brings down Johnson. Even the e-mail newsletters etc this morning focused on Sunak rather than the PM, and it seems like Sunak's rule breaking was less egregious. Perhaps if it were not for Ukraine and the ensuing media landscape the heat would be turned up a bit more on him too.

Tbh, Sunak hasn't seemed very good at politics. Rumours are that he'll get fired soon anyway after the spring statement and falling out of line with no.10 - you'd think if he had resigned even yesterday, the heat would be on Johnson (at least a little bit)!

Johnson and Sunak both vacuous non-entities (for different reasons). They were always going to come a cropper when they had to actually govern. But sadly politicians are only reflections of the people that vote them in…..

Johnson and Sunak both vacuous non-entities (for different reasons). They were always going to come a cropper when they had to actually govern. But sadly politicians are only reflections of the people that vote them in…..
I get Johnson is vacuous (or deliberately presents that way to disarm people and mitigate fall out?). Sunak vacuous and a non entity, I'm not so sure. How do you mean? I understand he is an intelligent, highly successful businessman in his own right as opposed to the usual politicos. And no I don't vote for them :grinning:.

[QUOTE="plumbob, post: 3304117, member: 9796"]But, he didn't know he was breaking the rules #OLIVE![/QUOTE]

The Tories have worked out they only need to keep 35% of voters onside - specifically, racist Brexit voters. That, with our dysfunctional electoral system, guarentees them perpetual power.

The other 65% can go hang.