John Swift | Page 2 | Vital Football

John Swift

We do need better but we will not have the money to get better. So far the Prince has delivered without McCabe but now is his biggest challenge. Can he get the New investment to take this great club to the next level ?.
The next big step forward, as a club, will be when/if we can start looking at both potential AND established PL players.

The CV issue has probably put a brake on that as we have no idea how it will affect transfer prices but we do know that turnover is down but we don't know for how long.

Until everyone gets a clearer picture caution must be the by word an that means shopping for potentail as opposed to proven.

I reckon CW will always look for the undiscovered gems, and rightly so,but would love to have the wherewithal to look at a couple of solid PL players who he thinks fit in.

Ahh. That might explain things. Wouldn't surprise me if Wilder held a grudge.

Any idea what Freeman said?

No. He was probably just standing his ground against the bench's criticism the midfield wasn't supporting the attack enough.

Freeman didn't feature in the next three games after that, staying on the bench for all three. Fourth game he got 12 minutes as a sub.

No. He was probably just standing his ground against the bench's criticism the midfield wasn't supporting the attack enough.

Freeman didn't feature in the next three games after that, staying on the bench for all three. Fourth game he got 12 minutes as a sub.

Well he's not even in the squad tonight.

Rodwell, Zivkovic and K.Freeman all are, FFS.

He's finished, surely.

Edit - seen he's injured. But it doesn't look good for him now.

Last edited:
We do need better but we will not have the money to get better. So far the Prince has delivered without McCabe but now is his biggest challenge. Can he get the New investment to take this great club to the next level ?.
osbourne as changed my mind he was brill tonight and really pleased hes played well

This one looks a done deal.

£3.5m initial fee reported but not sure I believe that - it seems too cheap.

If it is right though, what an absolute bargain that is.

But I can't help but think this is one we simply can't resist, rather than one who is suitable for our team.

He can play a role switching between RCM and CAM.

He can make us more creative.

But he lacks the dynamic ability and work rate to do the same things at RCM that we've needed this season.

Maybe he's one we'll look to develop like we did with Lundstram - make him more dynamic.

At 25 he's still young enough to develop more, especially as injuries interrupted him in recent seasons. With a sustained run of fitness and games in our team, he'll improve.

It should be obvious to everyone by now that we're looking at using a number 10 type more often next season. A number of links, Swift signing, and I don't think we're done with midfield recruitment either.

This one looks a done deal.

£3.5m initial fee reported but not sure I believe that - it seems too cheap.

If it is right though, what an absolute bargain that is.

But I can't help but think this is one we simply can't resist, rather than one who is suitable for our team.

I was told this (in confidence) a couple of days ago and the fee seems about right.
It is a typical CW signing - someone who has impressed playing AGAINST us.
Obviously, the news today has come from the Reading end so yes, it does appear to be a goer. I’ll wait official confirmation because as we all know, nothing is certain until everything is signed, sealed and delivered.

I was told this (in confidence) a couple of days ago and the fee seems about right.
It is a typical CW signing - someone who has impressed playing AGAINST us.
Obviously, the news today has come from the Reading end so yes, it does appear to be a goer. I’ll wait official confirmation because as we all know, nothing is certain until everything is signed, sealed and delivered.
Why the hell didn't you inbox me with this news then Bigglenaldo? You know very well i can keep a secret if you ask me too,unlike some of the mouthy gits on here.:yes: UTMPB