John Marquis | Vital Football

John Marquis

dedmans

Vital Reserves Team
I have not been to a match for some time. Those who have and do, what is your opinion?
Radio listening I catch quite often Guy's tone!

Well he's put one in today 'dedmans' so hopefully that'll be good for his confidence. Personally I don't think the one up front system suits Marquis. He needs a provider alongside, and then I think he'll stick them in the back of the net. But.. that ain't gonna happen is it with Kenny.

I guess its watch this space.

Re today's game against Shrewsbury, I'd say that was a good old fashioned, hard fought game where the Shrews pretty much set themselves up defensively but we ground them down and got a result in the end.

I see Coventry have edged into second place. What a difference a couple of days make eh! How much will that defeat to them matter at the end of this season.. I'm hoping.. not a lot.. :clap::thumbup: PUP

Good answer.
That is only 7 now in the league for him.
We must have a goal threat and that is why I am surprised Ollie doesn't feature even on the bench.

I haven't made my mind up about Ollie. Great hold up player, but certainly not a prolific goal scorer. Someone who also divides opinion among fans, me included. He's missed some absolute sitters on his own account, but obviously has supplied others.

I still think its all to play for this season, and there'll be a few surprises yet. You've got to fancy Sunderland and Coventry for a good promotion push, but we are very much in there too. Its interesting to say the least.. :thumbup:

He missed a few but is a big awkward lad to defend against and creates mistakes for others. When we were flying last year he was an ingredient of that. I would have thought as a sub as all subs seem to be wingers and midfielders but now only on the Pitman bench.

He missed a few but is a big awkward lad to defend against and creates mistakes for others. When we were flying last year he was an ingredient of that. I would have thought as a sub as all subs seem to be wingers and midfielders but now only on the Pitman bench.

I agree with the thoughts on Ollie dedmans, he most certainly did play a part when we were flying last year, he is a difficult lad to defend against, and maybe he still has a part to play this year. But.. for some reason unknown to us KJ has decided to sideline him. I would also ask why Pitman has been sidelined, because despite our stats and position in the league, we are still a relatively low scoring team, and Pitman scores goals.

However, if I turn the tables on myself a moment. Yes, IMHO we are a relatively low scoring team, but those goals that we do score are coming from a varying amount of positions, and also we appear to be more adept at keeping them out of our own net, judging by the amount of clean sheets we're racking up..

Maybe KJ is happier with the latter outcome I've described..