Johan Lange Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Johan Lange Thread

I'm sure we'll probably buy a couple of £2m players 57 - stocking fillers - if they come off they come off, if they don't then we haven't lost much. His remit will have been adjust and I'm sure we'll be shopping at the same levels as last year (£10-20m players with a £30m thrown in for good measure). Who know's. I'm guessing, but I'm interested to find out. This is where the optimism is renewed, catches me and reels me in every season :slap:

yes and I mate it's the only excitement we get hoping we'll crack the transfer market and sign a couple or 3 real players to take the pressure off Jack. Another 3 like Luiz will do me, as long as the idiot fans leave them alone lone enough to show what they can do

Burnley before the restart were flirting with relegation. FFS even we managed to play them off the park. So no I wouldn’t be happy with becoming a clone of them.
That's the issue for me Fulford, who would we be happy being a clone of?

Manure and Arse fans always moaning, Spuds and Leicester folding, Citeh can't be happy fans. There are always ways to improve. Even Barca are less than perfect. Most Wolves fans are happy but to me they've achieved exactly what Villa have - PL survival, just 20 points ahead of us without the drama.

Burnley before the restart were flirting with relegation. FFS even we managed to play them off the park. So no I wouldn’t be happy with becoming a clone of them.
I don't wanna be a clone of them either. All I'm saying is in the short term mid table consolidation would be fine as that would mean progress. Once we've established ourselves again I want to see us playing in Europe and winning trophies. I just think it's gonna take time

Yes it won't happen overnight but the only way we will do it is by buying top players. The constraints won't allow us to buy a whole team of these, but I would like to think we could get at least 3. Then you have a better chance of finishing higher up the table and doing the same this time next year. We may finish 12th but with a team that with a few more quality additions that has a better chance of nudging the top 6 the season after.

Again for all the leeway last season, this season is about ambitions. Yes medium/long term and growth is fully understandable (we picked up another youngster today I believe as we continue revamping and rebuilding the Academy) but without 3/4 solid, £30m at least calibre additions to make next season reasonably comfortable 14th or above, we'll be back in the position where our short term aims bugger the medium term growth.

I'm convinced we can spend more than £100m based on what we spent last year but if that £100m goes on 3/4 instant first team improvements and we put the rest into securing top 16-18yr old talent for 12/24 months down the line.

I'll be happy enough with that as long as it's obvious the 3/4 first teamers are clear improvement on what we already have.

Yes it won't happen overnight but the only way we will do it is by buying top players. The constraints won't allow us to buy a whole team of these, but I would like to think we could get at least 3. Then you have a better chance of finishing higher up the table and doing the same this time next year. We may finish 12th but with a team that with a few more quality additions that has a better chance of nudging the top 6 the season after.
I agree. We should be able to do that in this window as we don't need an entirely new team like we did after the playoff final