Johan Lange Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Johan Lange Thread

So smaller than us.

When citeh went for it they grabbed the guy from Barcelona.

We have now become small time despite the bollocks being spouted by our owners. Even some of our fans are happy for us to become the new Burnley.

Comparisons with Man City are pointless. They took the whole Barcelona hierarchy . God knows how much that cost them.

Anyway you clearly don't rate our new man , who would have been your choice ?

I’m wondering if this appointment is even bigger than I first thought.

The board statement came from NSWE not Purslow. Yes he is CEO so why did he not announce this? Have his knuckles been rapped due to his appointment of Pitarch.

Reading the statement again, it seems that Lange‘s remit stretches across the whole club and he really is in effect in charge of recruitment and all football matters leaving Purslow to concentrate on the commercial and operational issues. So DS reports to Lange as does the Academy boss. This is a massive job and makes Lange the guy that we will focus on, rather than 57’s Mr Slimy.

it seems the owners aren’t so happy but are totally committed. I wonder what connections Lange will have with Vittoria or whatever NS’s Portuguese club is called. At least that deal seems more practical than Dr T’s plans for India.

Has the Vitoria deal been announced? I thought it was still speculation?

Good point re the statement actually, but also worth noting Copenhagen are one of Midjillityityityland's (can never spell that!) main competitors and Mid....land are Brentford's sister club.

Albrighton was ridiculous yes, but remember Cahill was demanding a starting spot when he wasn't in the top two CBs at the club. As promising as he was you can't have (especially young) players making demands like that to a manager's authority.

He was miles better than both Zat Knight and Curtis Davies both of whom partnered Laursen that season. Don't forget that we played Melberg at right back that year.

Yes, people forget we were a top 6 club and Cahill left for £5m which was a good price at the time, he took 4 years to develop at Bolton and helped them to get relegated before Chelsea deemed him good enough. We wouldn't have been top 6 if he'd been given a chance we'd have been Bolton. one of the few we've actually got money for.

Again he was better than both Zat Knight and Curtis Davies. He would have had Laursen next to him and Melberg at right back. He was also better than Dunne, Collins and Cuellar but MON wouldn't know a good defender if one came and booted him up the arse which I sincerely hope one does someday.

The only positive about him Leaving is that he strung Blues along right to the last minute till it was too late to sign anyone else then joined Bolton who stayed up and Blues went down.

So smaller than us.

When citeh went for it they grabbed the guy from Barcelona.

We have now become small time despite the bollocks being spouted by our owners. Even some of our fans are happy for us to become the new Burnley.
Fulford, are we now judging non playing appointments after just one day...?! Accusing fans of being happy to become the new Burnley just because they’re not moaning that we’ve recruited someone who hasn’t come from the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid, accusing the owners of ‘talking bollocks‘ because the guy has come from what you perceive to be an inferior club? Surely we should be giving new appointments at least a chance to be completely useless before judging them as being a waste of time, beneath us and on a par with the likes of Burnley, just 24hrs after they’ve been appointed!? The guy’s record is actually pretty decent....that’s the only thing we can judge him on at present. So shall we give the bloke a chance eh before writing him off and accusing fans of being happy with mediocrity? Just because he’s not done it at Barcelona doesn’t make us ‘small time’ in my opinion or give us yet another excuse to criticise the owners.

We just can't fuck around this season.

We have to bring in a proven name upfront that guarantees us at least 10 goals a season if 15. We need some reliability beside Mings because Konsa will make more mistakes its just a fact. Luiz is too young to rely on consistently, Marv has a lot of work to do on his passing and McGinn is either going to get little injuries or suspensions so we do need some quality in Midfield too.

We also need another dangerman out wide to compliment Grealish and also give us the flexibility to switch Grealish centrally. We can't go into some games where he has to track back down the lines.

Had a little read of a couple of articles there, seems he's done magical things with Copenhagen in terms of buying extremely cheap players and turning over a huge profit from their sales. Hopefully the owners aren't planning on turning us into a selling club again.
The point is he can identify talent. No Danish side can keep good players. That statement says Jack is going nowhere (unless he throws a hissy-fit).

Obviously our billionaires will not be buying their way to the top i.e. they will invest what is allowed and what is sustainable.

Fulford, are we now judging non playing appointments after just one day...?! Accusing fans of being happy to become the new Burnley just because they’re not moaning that we’ve recruited someone who hasn’t come from the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid, accusing the owners of ‘talking bollocks‘ because the guy has come from what you perceive to be an inferior club? Surely we should be giving new appointments at least a chance to be completely useless before judging them as being a waste of time, beneath us and on a par with the likes of Burnley, just 24hrs after they’ve been appointed!? The guy’s record is actually pretty decent....that’s the only thing we can judge him on at present. So shall we give the bloke a chance eh before writing him off and accusing fans of being happy with mediocrity? Just because he’s not done it at Barcelona doesn’t make us ‘small time’ in my opinion or give us yet another excuse to criticise the owners.

No I'm not judging him, what I said is we never seem to aim high. The Burnley point was in regard to posts from some of the guys on here who said they would be happy to be on par with Burnley.

For once I want to see some ambition. Too many run of the mill clubs seem to think they can bid for our players, for once let's put in a bid for a top 6 player and not somebody from the chumps.

As a manager in business I always got a team of winners around me which is why I always hit my targets and earned big money. Aim low and you get low.

He shite. No you tube videos. Never played for Barca, Brazil, Real Madrid, either Milans, Bayern. Guff. Waste of space. Stick to lego Danish boy. I wanted Johanio Langinio but ended up with this chump. Get those 'Sack the Board' bedsheets out. Let's go.

I appreciate the club is attempting to be done with the loan situation.

Look at Sheffield United with Henderson. They wanted stability and it was definitely worth it but he has now improved to such a standard they can't afford him. Bournemouth helped develop Harry Wilson and paid a premium to do so relegation and a 3MM fee + all his wages.

I can at least appreciate we're thinking longer term and about sustainability and developing players for our balance sheet and competitiveness.

No I'm not judging him, what I said is we never seem to aim high. The Burnley point was in regard to posts from some of the guys on here who said they would be happy to be on par with Burnley.

For once I want to see some ambition. Too many run of the mill clubs seem to think they can bid for our players, for once let's put in a bid for a top 6 player and not somebody from the chumps.

As a manager in business I always got a team of winners around me which is why I always hit my targets and earned big money. Aim low and you get low.
The trouble with the Burnleys etc is the way the Premier League is structured.
The big money is in Champions League, and that is all but tied up every season by the same few clubs.
So you therefor get the owners of the Burnleys etc setting their stall out to make sure they survive, take the tv money and try not to make too big a loss every season.
The limit of their realistic ambition is mid table and a cup run, but even the domestic cups are stitched up by the big boys, with Man City having won six of the last seven years in the League Cup.
As a contest the Premier League is a closed shop, and gets less interesting every year.

The ambition of clubs like ours is always going to be blocked by the top clubs. They’ll be happy to let us achieve mid table respectability and provide them with money spinning opposition but if they get a sniff that we, or any other club,are likely to use our owners’ financial power to to threaten the power brokers they’ll put obstacles in our way. FFP was a start.

Just had visions of Lange sitting down with Deano and telling him all about the players he's been watching for Copenhagen and Dean saying who? But we can buy him for 2m euros and he'll fetch 9m in 2 years.
Look, Johan, I want Benrahma now, ah but Dean this guy will be better than him in two years! Ah but Johan but with the greatest respect we'll be relegated by then and i won't be here I need players, for now, not to train up to sell this is Aston Villa not fecking Copenhagen or Brentford

Burnley finished 10th last season. If you wouldn't be happy with 10th next season then I'm afraid you're not a realist.

Read an article on the Athletic on this bloke. They are claiming that the main aim this summer for our recruitment team is to get in some experienced premier league players and long term Lange will be setting up scouting networks to identify players both for the academy and the first team. He's not under pressure to "flip" players like he was at Copenhagen, ie buy low sell high after a year or 2.

It also claims several premier league players have already been lined up and Smith already knows which striker he wants. Its going to be an interesting summer I think. Cue a meltdown when our first signing is that 18 year old Hearts left back.

Just had visions of Lange sitting down with Deano and telling him all about the players he's been watching for Copenhagen and Dean saying who? But we can buy him for 2m euros and he'll fetch 9m in 2 years.
Look, Johan, I want Benrahma now, ah but Dean this guy will be better than him in two years! Ah but Johan but with the greatest respect we'll be relegated by then and i won't be here I need players, for now, not to train up to sell this is Aston Villa not fecking Copenhagen or Brentford
I'm sure we'll probably buy a couple of £2m players 57 - stocking fillers - if they come off they come off, if they don't then we haven't lost much. His remit will have been adjust and I'm sure we'll be shopping at the same levels as last year (£10-20m players with a £30m thrown in for good measure). Who know's. I'm guessing, but I'm interested to find out. This is where the optimism is renewed, catches me and reels me in every season :slap: