Joey Barton. | Vital Football

Joey Barton.

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
Allegedly involved in fisticuffs with the Barnsley manager at the end of the Barnsley/Fleetwood match this afternoon. A leopard never changes its spots.

Police investigating now. I suppose he has enough money to retire on. I wouldn't employ him as a manager, if he can't control himself I'm sure he can't control others under him.

Barnsley manager had two teeth knocked out and blood everywhere it has been said ...... if true ?????#thugout

I thought Barton had grown up a bit as he's done well with Fleetwood, and has come across well in interviews.
But, he's obviously been suppressing his natural thuggery which exploded yesterday. Stupid boy! He's blown his future as a manager now.

´Both clubs attempted to close ranks over the alleged brawl on Sunday. The Sun first reported that Stendel lost two teeth after Barton punched and headbutted him. Barton, the newspaper reported, is also alleged to have grabbed Stendel by the throat after the German said he was "just a f****** scally" after the 4-2 victory for the home side at Oakwell. ´

What´s our Chairman go to do with it ??!!
I got banned for using asterixs !

´Both clubs attempted to close ranks over the alleged brawl on Sunday. The Sun first reported that Stendel lost two teeth after Barton punched and headbutted him. Barton, the newspaper reported, is also alleged to have grabbed Stendel by the throat after the German said he was "just a f****** scally" after the 4-2 victory for the home side at Oakwell. ´

What´s our Chairman go to do with it ??!!
I got banned for using asterixs !
I,m sure a German manager would know Liverpudlian slang..not. Sounds like thats been put out by Barton or his team. He was digging his finger into his face at the final whistle though but that hardly warrants two broken teeth !

I don't know what has happened, but after reading Barton's autobiography I would be pretty sure it wasn't his fault (it never is).

There are aspect of Joey Barton's character that I admire and I had really hoped that he'd grown out of the thuggish behaviour of his youth.

If these reports are true the it seems he has let himself down (again) and he'll find it difficult to get another chance at management (at least at this level).

People can have at go at him for his 'pseudo-intellect' but I always thought that was very unfair. I have heard/read him being pretty articulate about various things. I don't always agree with him but I find his thoughts interesting.

But this other side of his character is utterly repellent and so I suppose it's not surprising that he is attracting such vitriol now. In a way he deserves it.

People think intelligence goes with peaceful intentions and an aversion to violence. Sometimes it does. Not always though.

It seems that the "man" was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and racially aggravated assault. Daniel Stendel is of German descent.