Joe Walsh | Vital Football

Joe Walsh

townendgill

Vital Reserves Team
Not on the bench tonight because he's on his way out of the club. Two championship teams have had bids accepted according to Paul Raynor. Wonder what the fee is?

Good luck to him, shame we never saw more of his undoubted talent before he moved on, but we can't afford to turn down good money down for a sub keeper in the current climate regardless of his potential.

Hope the move goes well for him and he goes on to bigger things (plus another sell-on clause for us no doubt).

We'll certainly need a keeper in even if it's just a loan, can't go through the rest of the season without a backup.

Good bit of business if we can get some money in for a non regular starter. Shame we haven't got to see anything of his potential but guess thats partly down to Bonhams form.

Always sad to see a local lad move on but hope Walsh moves onto bigger and better things, both for him personally and the club for any potential sell on money we might get.

Good luck Joe.

That's cracking work if true. My main memory of him was picking up a back pass after he had just come on. :grinning:

Get in a kid on peanuts now and job's a good'un.

It’s been reported as QPR with a deal worth ‘up to’ £0.5m. Given that Lumley is still at QPR is a loan deal for him likely ?

It’s been reported as QPR with a deal worth ‘up to’ £0.5m. Given that Lumley is still at QPR is a loan deal for him likely ?

Trouble with that is that you'd imagine he wouldn't be happy to be on the bench. And while he may possibly be better than Bonham, as Bonham is our player, and a very decent one for our level, I don't think it'd be wise to drop him to the bench for the rest of the season to make way for Lumley.

Really for now I think we need a decent backup option for when Bonham's unavailable, not a keeper to replace him.

This sort of thing really annoys me. If they were signing him from Peterboro or Sunderland, he would be going for at least 2 million.

Getting Lumley back - No chance, he's far too good for League 1:(
Never say never.There are only about a hundred regular keepers in the league allowing for a few teams who chop and change.So getting a quality keeper is always more likely than any other position.In my view. A very vocal keeper could do the defence a lot of good.Don't get me wrong Bonham is OK and will be unlucky if we do bring in quality between the posts.