Joe Rothwell | Vital Football

Joe Rothwell

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
Now linked with us! Pleasing to see.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footba...urn-rovers-rothwell-sheffield-united-20645611

An absolutely key transfer target in my mind.

Exactly the type of player we need and should be looking at.

A technical, attacking player who covers a range of midfield positions and is the sort of player who'll get the fans off their seat.

Pacy, direct, an excellent dribbler and can find the final ball, able to thread intricate passes in the final third.

He's at a really good level now, but at 26 is still maturing and should reach his best level in the next couple of seasons. It's the perfect time to sign him.

Might cost between £3-4m.

If we're interested then we should be at the front of the queue, so here's hoping.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footba...urn-rovers-rothwell-sheffield-united-20645611

A technical, attacking player who covers a range of midfield positions and is the sort of player who'll get the fans off their seat.

Pacy, direct, an excellent dribbler and can find the final ball, able to thread intricate passes in the final third.

He's at a really good level now, but at 26 is still maturing and should reach his best level in the next couple of seasons. It's the perfect time to sign him.

If we're interested then we should be at the front of the queue, so here's hoping.
I saw this about 30 mins ago Herby and i was thinking he was one you flagged up for us next season a few weeks ago.UTB

Wanted us to sign him for over 2 years now.

We don't have a player like that. Haven't for a while. Someone very dribbling minded but with a really sound technical base and football brain too. My favourite type of midfielder.

Could use him anywhere in any system. Wide forward. Number 8 or 10. LCM, RCM.

So he'd be quite 'new manager proof'.

This is where it's good we're not reliant on having a manager to make the signings. When an undoubtedly ideal and suitable player is available it's daft to let him slip by because you're waiting for a manager.

sorry mate not a chance ,we dont do them sort of players.

Not great, but not bad either. Is capable of more. Will get 10+ combined goals/assists next season IMO. But it's more about the opportunities he opens up that I'm interested in. He'll drive from midfield like Fleck did at his best but can go that bit further. And because he's smart with the ball as well as quick, we'd always have a threat on the counter.

Not great, but not bad either. Is capable of more. Will get 10+ combined goals/assists next season IMO. But it's more about the opportunities he opens up that I'm interested in. He'll drive from midfield like Fleck did at his best but can go that bit further. And because he's smart with the ball as well as quick, we'd always have a threat on the counter.
im in just what we need

And if we could have a pacy player/counter threat playing in the 10 position, it leaves the space to have a good number of them in total, with LWB and the forward positions still available.

For example, a line up like this would be great away from home...

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Cooper
Baldock McNair Fleck Sessegnon
Burke Rothwell
McBurnie

That's a very good, quick team at Championship level. Although I know most will disagree with Burke, at the moment.
Would be good from set pieces too.

Last edited:
And if we could have a pacy player/counter threat playing in the 10 position, it leaves the space to have a good number of them in total, with LWB and the forward positions still available.

For example, a line up like this would be great away from home...

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Cooper
Baldock McNair Fleck Sessegnon
Burke Rothwell
McBurnie

That's a very good, quick team at Championship level. Although I know most will disagree with Burke, at the moment.
Would be good from set pieces too.
I see Nuno's leaving Wolves after Sunday's final game,would you have him at BDBL Herby? I know it's highly unlikely to happen but he'd be gr8 for us i think and i wondered if you rate him.UTB

I see Nuno's leaving Wolves after Sunday's final game,would you have him at BDBL Herby? I know it's highly unlikely to happen but he'd be gr8 for us i think and i wondered if you rate him.UTB

Unrealistic I think. He'd be great but I'd still prefer Jokanovic.

I'm sure our recruitment team will be diligently collecting a portfolio of available players. I'm not sure the incoming manager will fancy them, but they have to be seen to be doing something, the biggest surprise is there hasn't been any changes in our recruitment team. The Prince has also mentioned foreign players and their better value, imagine that area is been explored by Rip Van Winkel.
All agents will be touting their clients before the transfer window opens, until the new manager is signed it's just plain gossip. Unless of course we are going down the DOF route which Jokanovic has worked under.

Go and get him, FFS.

Still not gone anywhere.

Started LCM for Blackburn yesterday (with 4 key passes for what it's worth).

After what we've seen with Fleck and the doubts around Freeman and our creativity in general, we need a player like Rothwell even more than we thought. Norwood too looks fucked and our midfield seems desperate.

Speed, dribbling, creativity. In a nutshell, what he lack. And he has those qualities.