Joe Rodon - Player Thread | Vital Football

Joe Rodon - Player Thread

Well, he's making The Big Move to a situation that looks pretty perfect for him. I would think he & King will be an excellent mentor/protege combo.

I love Defenders who love to defend, and who take the damn shit personally. This guy is that. No one is likely to outwork him, and that's just plain grit. We've been dying for a CB that's naturally comfy on the left, and here he is. This is exactly the kind of deal so many fans have been wishing we'd do more often.

He's got alot of work to do, but it's all there for him. Seem to have the right frame of mind, and don't doubt for a second he's gonna do every thing he can on the training pitch to get on the gamefield.

If he's never anything, well we didn't spend alot.

If he's as good as he teases he could be? He does have the look of a Captain.

Long term I think he & Reguilon might be our best deals this time.

Good luck to the lad. It's always good to see the club investing in young players with potential. He shouldn't be under any pressure in his first season.

Perhaps next season we'll see Toby move on and him and Japhet come more to the foreground.

I would be tempted to play him with Toby for large parts the of the season. Wean him in and get him ready for next season.

We can't go on with our current crop, truly woeful.