JJ Back With Cumbrians | Vital Football

JJ Back With Cumbrians

Does that mean another forward is coming in? We can bring Kayode back from Carlisle in January if needed though. Loan should be good for his development and adds to his value

While this loan should offer JJ more game time opportunities, I was hoping to see him feature more for the millers this season as I think he looks an exciting prospect, he has pace and power and can play anywhere across the attack.
But may be with more games at Carlisle we may benefit later on be it January or next season.

I'm imagining he will get more game time at Carlisle, to start with anyway.

Like MV, I thought he would have got a chance with us and maybe could have gone to Carlisle on a month to month basis? Or is that not allowed?

I'm imagining he will get more game time at Carlisle, to start with anyway.

Like MV, I thought he would have got a chance with us and maybe could have gone to Carlisle on a month to month basis? Or is that not allowed?

I think that only the Academy players can go on short loans now. Not 100% sure though - they keep changing the rules! Kayode is on a full-time professional contract, likewise Cooper and Gratton, although the latter is still recovering from injury. Recent appearances of Cooper for Gateshead were probably on an emergency extension to his 2019/20 loan, so it will be interesting to see if he goes back there or not. Not spotted anything about him on RUFC Official site yet.

Last edited: