Jezza's back | Vital Football

Jezza's back

GillsBluenose

Vital Football Hero
Common sense has prevailed and hopefully Starmer can now begin his system reorganisation.

Labour are apparently going to set up an independent committee to investigate future complaints and I hope the Jewish council make it clear to their members that any anti-semitism is to be reported to the Police in future so they can at least record it, because it is a hate crime.

There should now be plethora of arrests and court cases coming up if Jezza was wrong and the level of the problem has not been exaggerated by political opponents and supporters of the State of Israel.

Common sense has prevailed and hopefully Starmer can now begin his system reorganisation.

Labour are apparently going to set up an independent committee to investigate future complaints and I hope the Jewish council make it clear to their members that any anti-semitism is to be reported to the Police in future so they can at least record it, because it is a hate crime.

There should now be plethora of arrests and court cases coming up if Jezza was wrong and the level of the problem has not been exaggerated by political opponents and supporters of the State of Israel.

Anti-semitism is absolutely a hate crime - and should absolutely be so. However some of the things i see claimed as 'anti-semitic' by the media in recent years are preposterous. It seems one cannot hold a pro-palestine view without being accused of being 'anti-semitic' these days.

The whole issue within Labour with the anti-semitism reminds me of the Mccammon situation a few years ago. Mccammon claimed Racism. It wasn't racism at all (IMO), it was the club trying to hound him out because he was an expensive waste of money and wouldn't move on when we didn't want him. But he made the claim of racism, and the club didn't even pretend to investigate.

Because the club didn't have procedures to document his accusations properly and investigate he managed to claim all sorts and embarrassed us in court and has been in the media regularly since as the player who took a club to court over racism and won.

Anti-semitism is absolutely a hate crime - and should absolutely be so. However some of the things i see claimed as 'anti-semitic' by the media in recent years are preposterous. It seems one cannot hold a pro-palestine view without being accused of being 'anti-semitic' these days.

Exactly. The reason why I would like to see some of these cases of perceived wide spread anti semitism brought to court is that it will then become clear how much evidence has to be obtained and whether it is as clear cut as some, including Starmer, claim.

It was not Starmer that suspended Corbyn. It was a body within the Labour movement. Similarly, Corbyn was not involved with investigating the anti semitism claims as the Labour constitution demanded that a separate body within the party be responsible for such disciplinary matters. If there were delays it may possibly have been to investigate and obtain the evidence?

That was the way of things and Starmer says he will change the system and set up a new independent body which is a good idea if it can speed things up. We will see.

What is clear is that Corbyn was suspended from his own party without ever being accused of making an anti semitic remark himself whereas referring to islamic attire as letter boxes or bank robbers gets you installed as Prime Minister.

It's a mad world for sure.

The whole issue within Labour with the anti-semitism reminds me of the Mccammon situation a few years ago. Mccammon claimed Racism. It wasn't racism at all (IMO), it was the club trying to hound him out because he was an expensive waste of money and wouldn't move on when we didn't want him. But he made the claim of racism, and the club didn't even pretend to investigate.

Because the club didn't have procedures to document his accusations properly and investigate he managed to claim all sorts and embarrassed us in court and has been in the media regularly since as the player who took a club to court over racism and won.
Spot on Corbyn definitely stitched up.But he should have acted to get things sorted within the party. That in my view was the only thing he was guilty of.
Thank you for your McCammon comment I have tried to explain that in the past to people. But never have I managed to explain the issues in such a clear way. It is not just Gillingham football club who get caught out .There are many millions of people in this world who do the minimum amount. Basically screw their employer.It is about time they were dealt with.They are the ones that are largely responsible for the lack of sick leave on contracts these days .They have screwed the system. Now their children's generation will pay the costs.
I have no time for the Mark McCammon's of this world .I have never done a sicky and never will.I am not surprised Hessenthaler got caught out.
I am 100% confident his view would be much the same .Along with probably fairly much everyone in that first championship side.Just wish we could have that team again every season a fantastic bunch of lads the lot of them .

Last edited:
I think probably every club has their lazy disinterested players of all races downing tools and effectively stealing a wage.

Unfortunately ours have been Kelvin Jack, McCammon and JET which for obvious reasons make it hard to talk about.

Looking at it another way, maybe a bit more prior research about a player's previous attitude at their former clubs would help but that is speculation on my part.

I think probably every club has their lazy disinterested players of all races downing tools and effectively stealing a wage.

Unfortunately ours have been Kelvin Jack, McCammon and JET which for obvious reasons make it hard to talk about.

Looking at it another way, maybe a bit more prior research about a player's previous attitude at their former clubs would help but that is speculation on my part.
Maybe the three players are among the worst but we have had many English players too with poor attitudes over the years perhaps mostly not as high profile.

Bloody racism is everywhere.
The black lady got voted off Bake Off last night leaving three white people in the final, including a lady from Strood.
Yep. Bloody Strood.
Then I flicked over to Master Chef and the poor Indian guy got voted off while two white guys went through.
Disgraceful.

The black lady got voted off Bake Off last night leaving three white people in the final, including a lady from Strood.
Yep. Bloody Strood.

That is a blatant Stroodist remark. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Mind you, she was terrible and still reached the final.

Actually, I think she keeps referring to being from Gravesend rather than Strood.

JET had a reputation but a lot of managers believe they had the ability to get him to focus and be effective and for a short while we did.

Neither Jack or McCammon had a reputation and prior fans said they were professional.

The problem with McCammon is that he joined late in the transfer window without any pre-season and upon getting a number of niggly injuries while trying to get up to speed he got sent off for assaulting Nikki Bull at Aldershot when it looked as if he'd get a run of games. By the time he came back from his straight red and another niggly injury, we had discovered that a front line of Jackson with Barcham and Oli supporting on the wings was a winning combination. I think he then went into sulk mode the linger that it was obvious he was going to be elelgated to being a sub rather than the main man leading the line. I have a slight bit of sympathy in that first season for him and can understand to a point of asking "what is the point of trying if we are only going to play with a single striker and that will always be Simeon Jackson?". Second season then he should have worked his nuts off to encourage the manager to play him as a second striker rather than sulk.

Kelvin Jack was weird and I did hear a tale that he was apparently fit for most of his time at Priestfield but upon coming back from an injury the manager said he wanted him to start but Jack asked not to be included as he wanted another week of training before being thrown back into the first team. Allegedly Jepson took offence at Jack ruling himself out in his time of need and decided his career was done. I've no idea if the hearsay is true or not.

Starmer refuses to reinstate Corbyn as a Labour MP.
It's his party now and he needs to remove the tag of anti-semitism that is holding back his vision of the Labour movement.

And the only way to do that is to cast out a good man who has fought against all racism for the whole of his life and has never been accused of a racist remark, just for expressing an honest opinion, which may or may not be right, rather than saying something he did not mean just to tow the party line? Also, he is the man that gave Starmer his shadow cabinet job.

All that to placate a community numbering less than 300k, with many of those prejudiced against Corbyn due to his support and sympathy for the Palestinian cause.

No wonder so many have such little respect for the political process.

The saddest thing is that action will do nothing to root out the real racists or villains.

Last edited:
Bloody racism is everywhere.
Yep. Bloody Strood.
Then I flicked over to Master Chef and the poor Indian guy got voted off while two white guys went through.
Disgraceful.

#stroodchavmatters

I am offended for those offended by those offended by your post.

And the only way to do that is to cast out a good man who has fought against all racism for the whole of his life and has never been accused of a racist remark, just for expressing an honest opinion, which may or may not be right, rather than saying something he did not mean just to tow the party line? Also, he is the man that gave Starmer his shadow cabinet job.

All that to placate a community numbering less than 300k, with many of those prejudiced against Corbyn due to his support and sympathy for the Palestinian cause.

No wonder so many have such little respect for the political process.

The saddest thing is that action will do nothing to root out the real racists or villains.

We should know the details of all of the accusations so that we can decide for ourselves. Nothing helped by labours shambolic handling of the complaints.
Most pressure is coming from the ‘labour friends of israel’ MPs most of whom have their offices, trips to israel and expenses subsidised by israel, these donations are declared so can be checked at any time. Tories have the same with their friends of israel grouping.

Who donates to or funds the jewish newspapers and chief rabbi - easy enough to look up, its not hidden.

Too hard for the media to look any of this up evidently.

I think i will decide what I dont like people saying about me even if its true, make up a list and anyone who does not abide by it will be a hate speaking racist. #stroodchavmatters

I actually got round to reading the minutes of the recent NEC meeting and found out that seven of the fifteen members of the NEC are current Momentum members.
It actually explains why old Jezza was reinstated without the PLP being informed in advance.
Despite the voters overwhelmingly rejecting Corbyn, it seems Corbynistas are alive and thriving.
Sir K has his work cut out, given that the NEC is very influential in policy making.

Imperative that Labour sorts out and reforms its complaints procedures, currently not fit for purpose.

In any party system there has to be a single, ultimate source of power. Apart from The Green Party that usually means a single individual. That person has to have the final say on his or her parliamentary crew. Corbyn knows this, Starmer too. Starmer is now the man and he's made the call.

In the medium term it may be that Corbyn's situation is resolved by an independent body investigating. Lord what a waste of time and energy this whole thing has been. McCluskey & Trickett are at the heart of the express readmission, reportedly with little input from Corbyn. I was in the same constituency party as John Trickett for a few years in from the late 70s and I wouldn't rate his decision making above a 2/10 on Waldo's scoring system. If I called him a plonker that would be a generous assessment.

I actually got round to reading the minutes of the recent NEC meeting and found out that seven of the fifteen members of the NEC are current Momentum members.
It actually explains why old Jezza was reinstated without the PLP being informed in advance.
Despite the voters overwhelmingly rejecting Corbyn, it seems Corbynistas are alive and thriving.
Sir K has his work cut out, given that the NEC is very influential in policy making.

is there a rule requiring the nec to inform the plp or just courtesy.