Jez George | Vital Football

Jez George

Luke Imp

Alert Team
Staff member
Not seen it mentioned, but DC in the programme today was talking about signings we've made off the field, and most we already knew about but one that I can't recall was Jez George, ex-Cambridge, who has joined on a consultancy basis (I'm assuming that's effectively paid for the time he's working for us rather than PT or FT?) as Head of Football Operations. Looks like that's geared towards the Academy rather than first team side.

Also a new young lad who's joined on a FT basis and will work under Mike Hine.

Not seen it mentioned, but DC in the programme today was talking about signings we've made off the field, and most we already knew about but one that I can't recall was Jez George, ex-Cambridge, who has joined on a consultancy basis (I'm assuming that's effectively paid for the time he's working for us rather than PT or FT?) as Head of Football Operations. Looks like that's geared towards the Academy rather than first team side.

Who’s the young lad?

I remember Danny singing the praises of Cambridge's setup last year, hence the appointment I guess

Thought it was mentioned a bit back?
Wasn't popular at Cambridge from what I've seen from Cambridge fans.

Wasn’t Jez George the manager at one point and chairman?

I remember him walking from Cambridge to Lincoln for charity one year to.

Wasn’t Jez George the manager at one point and chairman?

I remember him walking from Cambridge to Lincoln for charity one year to.

Think that was towards the running of the Cambridge youth set up. Can't be that bad a bloke.

Looking at his Wiki page, he's won the Conference, FA Trophy and L2 PO's with Stevenage (and two leagues with Histon and Kettering).

Do Cambridge have a good record of bringing through quality players??

Not a barbed question I should add, genuinely have no idea!