Jez George signs new deal | Vital Football

Jez George signs new deal

MA was his recommendation I believe. Seems to be doing quite a lot behind the scenes so happy with this

You get the impression that the hierarchy has fewer but more important contributors and less hangers on these days. Jez appears to be a good long term signing who has been rewarded for his efforts.

Seems to have done a good job here thus far.

My only slight concern with him is that he manoeuvred himself into a position of power at Cambridge (CEO) and ended up well, well out of his depth according to their end, wasting a lot of money in the process (their Man Utd games money). That said, you can only judge his time here.

He was widely regarded there for doing a good job with the Academy there to be fair and many wish he'd just remained in and around that level rather than being involved in day to day running with things.

My only slight concern with him is that he manoeuvred himself into a position of power at Cambridge (CEO) and ended up well, well out of his depth according to their end, wasting a lot of money in the process (their Man Utd games money). That said, you can only judge his time here.

He was widely regarded there for doing a good job with the Academy there to be fair and many wish he'd just remained in and around that level rather than being involved in day to day running with things.

You improve through mistakes.

Get the impression he does a lot to 'sell' the club to potential players and to clubs who might send loanees here.

ouch. 'manoeuvred' 'out of his depth'... i am interested to know who are the many saying these things to you about what happened at cambridge - officials of the club? or people on the cambridge fans forum?

Yes but he's at a proper football club now not a tin pot outfit run a shoestring in a City that doesn't really seem that enamoured with it's footy team a whole lot :lol:

ouch. 'manoeuvred' 'out of his depth'... i am interested to know who are the many saying these things to you about what happened at cambridge - officials of the club? or people on the cambridge fans forum?
They're not saying them to me, they're freely available comments across forums and social media (not from this exact moment in time but from when he left Cambridge/joined Lincoln).

But, as I say, we can only judge him on his time here, which seems to have been a positive one. And what he's doing here now was also appreciated in his time at Cambridge. It was when he started being involved heavily at Boardroom level that the Cambridge fans started questioning him.

They're not saying them to me, they're freely available comments across forums and social media (not from this exact moment in time but from when he left Cambridge/joined Lincoln).
beware of lots of cr-p rumours and comments across forums and social media. ;)
my point is, did members of the cambridge board come out and criticise him at the time? if not, it is purely supposition and/or fans pretending to be 'in the know'.
let's assume our board consulted his previous employers on his time at cambridge before taking him on, and our board know the true story. due diligence etc.

Certainly in terms of the type and profile of player we've been signing, I've been impressed over his time.

Glad he's staying. I don't know him but everything seems rosy in the garden lately so if the board and management are happy, then so should we be.
Long may our upward trajectory continue.