Jeopardy or Not? | Vital Football

Jeopardy or Not?

R

redimps1

Having read alledge figures on the amount of money Clownty ! Mansfield etc are spending on fees and wages i wondered how people would feel if we started(are?)doing the same!I for one know/remember the administration period and dont want to go that way again!I prefer the sustainable approach spending within our income streams and selling the odd player or 2! A tricky balence to master as we go onwards and upwards for the Cowleys and club to manage!

And yes raising prices on a few things including admission i will agree with!Good times as we all know come rarely and this is our time!

I think back to 16 years ago when we were minutes away from losing this club forever. Okay a phoenix club like Aldershot/Newport etc would have formed and I am sure we would have all migrated there, but it was a very dark few months and I don't want to run the risk of that again.

We seem to have a good balance a the moment through not throwing money around and yes that may result in some players deciding that they will chase the pennies elsewhere. What this does give you though are players here for more than just the money which performance wise benefits the club.

Basically stick rather than twist for me

I think back to 16 years ago when we were minutes away from losing this club forever. Okay a phoenix club like Aldershot/Newport etc would have formed and I am sure we would have all migrated there, but it was a very dark few months and I don't want to run the risk of that again.

We seem to have a good balance a the moment through not throwing money around and yes that may result in some players deciding that they will chase the pennies elsewhere. What this does give you though are players here for more than just the money which performance wise benefits the club.

Basically stick rather than twist for me
100% agree

The temptation is always there because every year, at practically every level of football, there are a handful of clubs spending far more than they can possibly afford, and of course only a handful of promotion places to go for. Not to mention the risk of relegation.

The clubs that do this always, always fail, the only variable is whether that time is counted in months or years, and to what purpose really is the point of, say, Barrow overspending?

I don't mean to single Barrow out, but it's just one that comes to mind as their owner announced quite publicly that they'd have to economise this year. What, possibly, are the Barrow footballing public's realistic expectations?

To a degree I can understand it in the short term when it involves a club with a history and support base far above its current level, but does that really apply to County or Mansfield? That's a rhetorical question by the way.

I think I'll also be in the majority who wouldn't want to see 134 years of history wiped out in an orgy of overspending during which two dozen here-today-gone-tomorrow players, and their agents, walk away with the proceeds.