Jefferson Louis & Richard Pacquette | Vital Football

Jefferson Louis & Richard Pacquette

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Remember these two?

Cousins who were signed for City by David Holdsworth in January 2012; both departed at the end of that season.

Both players have moved clubs within the last week or so, with Louis attracting media attention for the number of transfers he has made during his career. Pacquette seems to have slipped under the radar.

Whilst researching for a book, I have done some work on these two to try to establish exactly how many moves they have made during their careers, and have concluded:

Louis: Has played for 39 clubs, 35 different ones (has had two spells at Thame United, Woking, Maidenhead United and Brackley Town). Media reports this week put his total at 37 clubs, but I have found 39. In a 20-year career, he has made a move every six months or so.

Pacquette: Has played for 34 clubs, 27 different ones (has had four spells at Maidenhead United, three spells at Hampton & Richmond Borough, two spells at Stevenage Borough and two spells at Eastbourne Borough). In a 17-year career, he has made a move every....six months or so...

As Steve Thompson says, how do they ever know which club to head to for training?

Truly extraordinary in every way.

Crazy, it seems inconceivable that you'd take them on if you've taken even a cursory glance at their career.

Also shows how far we've come as a club that we've just signed a highly regarded and much sought after England C international, joining the 3 we've already signed this year as opposed to giving an aging striking duo their 20th or more chance in the game out of sheer desperation.

we have also managed to get hold of robinson, who at 27 is hardly past his sell-by in the way that our previous higher level players [horsfield] tend to be.

robinson [2 goals already] is the same age as £100k man miller [highest level: league 2 - 12 games/300 minutes/1 goal]. robinson has already done well at championship level.

According to my records, Lincoln was the 30th stop for Louis (27th different club); and the 23rd stop for Pacquette (20th different club). They were aged 32 and 28 respectively at the time.

They were by no means the worst players to join City at that time, but the above posters are dead right - look how far we have come in a few short months. What a terrible mess we were in after relegation - that is just one reason why we must get behind Cowley and the boys in every way.

If I remember correctly, Pacquette scored for Havant and Waterlooville in their 5-2 loss to Liverpool (his goal giving Havant the lead) - a career high i assume? This was before he joined us.

Both scored on their debut in a 3-3 draw at home to Braintree I think? Louis after a long ball and the Braintree defender and 'keeper were indecisive after about 30 seconds and Pacquette score in the second half from outside the box, or did his goal come in the game before or after?

Bit of a car crash of a game, that. End to end with no-one really in control.

The whole season was a car crash - and much of what we have suffered since.

As I said - get behind Cowley and his team(s)...

APHLCFC - 21/10/2016 09:20

Crazy, it seems inconceivable that you'd take them on if you've taken even a cursory glance at their career.

Also shows how far we've come as a club that we've just signed a highly regarded and much sought after England C international, joining the 3 we've already signed this year as opposed to giving an aging striking duo their 20th or more chance in the game out of sheer desperation.

Agreed. That said, (and I'm know for not being Holdsworth's greatest admirer) I think that was about as good as we could have been hoping for at the time.

Luke Imp - 21/10/2016 15:17

Both scored on their debut in a 3-3 draw at home to Braintree I think? Louis after a long ball and the Braintree defender and 'keeper were indecisive after about 30 seconds and Pacquette score in the second half from outside the box, or did his goal come in the game before or after?

Bit of a car crash of a game, that. End to end with no-one really in control.

I think Pacquette had played a few games before then and I don't think he scored in that game (Louis did, also Thompson and Almond).

Something nags me that one of Pacquette's goals for us was a brilliant goal from out side the area.

Pacquette's (3 goals in 13 games) best moment for us was probably the game at Gateshead when he scored twice in a game when we drew 3-3 after being 3-1 down.

Louis (6 goals in 14 games) was a bit more prolific.

Neither player was in the Drew Broughton mode.

Big Jack McGinley - 22/10/2016 09:52

evenstephen - 22/10/2016 00:39

Neither player was in the Drew Broughton mode.

Compliments don't come anymore back-handed than that!!

Oh, I don't know. I was once called "a poor man's Andy Bell", he of Erasure.

And I'm not even gay! :pointy:

It was a very strange time, and one the club did well/ were lucky to come out of with a financial pulse. That said, i thought Louis and Paquette were 2 of the better players we had at that time. 6 in 14 for Louis isn't bad at all.

SIMJON - 22/10/2016 10:19

It was a very strange time, and one the club did well/ were lucky to come out of with a financial pulse. That said, i thought Louis and Paquette were 2 of the better players we had at that time. 6 in 14 for Louis isn't bad at all.

It was a time when I was, effectively, a Zombie Fan. Walking purely and only by instinct to SB every other Saturday and wondering what on earth I was doing there. :pointy:

NottyImp - 22/10/2016 10:51

It was a time when I was, effectively, a Zombie Fan. Walking purely and only by instinct to SB every other Saturday and wondering what on earth I was doing there. :pointy:

Yep same. If it wasn't for us zombies i don't think the club would've kept it's head above water for the 1,000 or so fans to rediscover once we started winning again!

SIMJON - 22/10/2016 03:07

NottyImp - 22/10/2016 10:51

Yep same. If it wasn't for us zombies i don't think the club would've kept it's head above water for the 1,000 or so fans to rediscover once we started winning again!

A zombie fan, I like it. I find my determination to keep going is on an inverse relationship with success, it's a bit strange but it's been like that for decades. I have an attitude that the more dire the situation, the more they will need zombies like me/us.