Jed Departing - Nursey Put In His Place | Vital Football

Jed Departing - Nursey Put In His Place

I love the put down to Nursey in public for the world to hear - After all the shit-stirring he has given to Aston Villa throughout the summer he's had it coming for a while now so well done Brucie:clap:

Could be a good move for Steer because he isn't championship standard.
I know he's been injured for the best part of two years and that will have damaged his confidence badly, it will have made him wary about going into certain situations.
If he can stay injury free and have a decent season between the sticks, it could go a long way to putting him back on the right path.
He does need a good coach to work with him, someone who will work on his reflexes and especially his choice of when to catch, or when and how to punch.
He has to learn to command his 6-yard box.
As a keeper you have to know how high a ball you can catch and how high a ball you can punch and which is which, that knowledge only comes from hours spent on the practice pitch, as does knowing your angles.
Kicking the ball, so that a team member has at least a 50/50 chance of controlling it, takes hours of practice too.
I wish him luck.

James Nursey has never forgiven us for not falling down and worshipping at the feet of his idol Paul Lambert - well done Brucie for putting him in his place.

As for Steer - good luck to him, hopefully a full season on loan can get his career back on track.

Might seem harsh on Steer but if he makes a couple of mistakes we would all be screaming for Nyland to start anyway. Before the Hull game not many of us wanted him as our number one especially with his injury record - one game shouldn't really change that.

Agree that it’s probably for the best in the end, but doesn’t make it any easier for Jed to swallow

I'm no Bruce fan at all but I have wanted to be proved so wrong. Great put down of nursery and I genuinely and sincerely hope that Steve and the good folk on this great site who support him prove me so wrong come the end of the season.

I think that pop at nursey was weeks of frustration at the lies the media were putting out. Bruce gets on well with the media and it's unusual for him to have a go like that. Stand by for some Bruce stories before long

Harsh, thought steer was one of our best players at hull

Might well have been mate but you have to play your best players there really is no room for sentiment in football. Bruce would soon be sacked if he bought new platers then never played them