Jason Shackell | Page 7 | Vital Football

Jason Shackell

• Thread starter Deleted member 10554
  • Start date
I have been watching Lincoln for 44 years! My post was an ironic response to posters going on about how good he is, without ever seeing him playing and not knowing who he was until Wednesday pm! Fannybaws!

That's a very valid point. I fully understand where you are coming from.

Having seen his brief appearance today, I thought he was very composed. He just looked like another Neil Eardley with a few more miles on the clock. Absolute quality!

Don’t worry about it. If he had signed for us under another manager I would have questioned it much more as someone just looking for a pay check whilst they get into coaching.

In regards to those who think the day you joined the website is how long you’ve been supporting us, really? You know there was a time before the internet right? In Lincolnshire that was 2009 for gods sake. That some will have supported us before then?

I have been with an internet bank since 2000 and ebay since before that. Ahh you were joking :) And yes I am another that supported the Imps before the internet. Ceefax was king to monitor events for me.

I have been with an internet bank since 2000 and ebay since before that. Ahh you were joking :) And yes I am another that supported the Imps before the internet. Ceefax was king to monitor events for me.
WiFi i’m not sure I was joking, at least not in some villages. ??.

As someone else has said, under a different manager (Sam Ellis' old boys club still brings a shudder) I would have questioned such a signing. But from that brief cameo you can tell he's still hungry and here for the right reasons.

Danny said location was important so he must be somewhere quite local. From what he did in preseason (playing U23s, etc) he's clearly someone who still loves the game and just wants to play football. Same mentality as a fan playing on the park.

Apparently he was still on massive money last season. Feels like amazing business to me, here for all the right reasons, reinforced by his cameo yesterday. Yet another leader.

Danny said location was important so he must be somewhere quite local. From what he did in preseason (playing U23s, etc) he's clearly someone who still loves the game and just wants to play football. Same mentality as a fan playing on the park.

Apparently he was still on massive money last season. Feels like amazing business to me, here for all the right reasons, reinforced by his cameo yesterday. Yet another leader.

And if he wants to learn modern, progressive coaching and management techniques he could do worse than carefully observe the Cowleys.

shackell said he likes working with the younger players. passing on knowledge. maybe he has reached the point where he wants to give something back [hope he isn't just talking a good game]

with shackell and mccombe at the club, we really could create, or bring on, a young centre back with potential. do we have one already in the youth team? or would mcqueen or mbulu [or similar] be good investments at this point.

I am still not sure quite how we persuaded a player of his undoubted quality to drop down into League Two. What a coup.
Just wants to play for a year or 2 more probably not on that massive money (for an ex prem/ championship player)as some may think.

And if he wants to learn modern, progressive coaching and management techniques he could do worse than carefully observe the Cowleys.
considering shackell was dyche's captain in the premier league, and has also played for clement [and neil harris], the learning should be mutual. shackell is also only a couple of years younger than danny and nicky.

considering shackell was dyche's captain in the premier league, and has also played for clement [and neil harris], the learning should be mutual. shackell is also only a couple of years younger than danny and nicky.

If he was a captain under Sean Dyche that will more than do for me...

I have been watching Lincoln for 44 years! My post was an ironic response to posters going on about how good he is, without ever seeing him playing and not knowing who he was until Wednesday pm! Fannybaws!
Sorry if I offended you but seriously you came over as a sceptic who would rather spoil enthusiasm than encourage it . Bye the way he certainly steaded the ship yesterday when he came on , and I would bet that his experience was welcomed by his defender team mates. UTI

Totally agree with all your saying but no future in two left footed centre halfs in a flat four surely ,, so scott cud be benched , thoughts

I don't really get the one left/one right issue for 2 central defenders. Quality players use both feet. Both are quality players. Not an issue for me.