January window | Vital Football

January window

Hastings

Vital Football Hero
Do folks. What do we need to keep this run going and push on to promotion? The Gooner to me is a definite for the rest of the season, and a fox up front

Honestly depends on what Critchley feels about the reserves that are yet to really get a run in the team. We've got plenty of players and cover in every position now, but the likes of Lubala, Woodburn and Sarkic have yet to really get going.

Extend Ballard, as you say, is a must for me.

After that, I feel it's a case of 1 in and 1 out . I like Lubala, just hasn't clicked for him yet, but the other two can go for me. Woodburn in particularly, if we can replace him with someone who can challenge for the AM/No. 10 role behind a central striker every week then I feel that would be a big upgrade. Anderson in there is fine, but if we could find a real gamechanger from somewhere that would be great.

I think we'll extend Ballard and Woodburn, ship Thorniley and Howe out and bring a centre half and striker in.

So far, no one has mentioned if we might lose some players to other clubs with fat cheque books. Who are we in danger of losing? Anyone? CJ? Turton (I think his contract is up this year)

So far, no one has mentioned if we might lose some players to other clubs with fat cheque books. Who are we in danger of losing? Anyone? CJ? Turton (I think his contract is up this year)

I think the only reason we'd lose someone is if it was stupid money, and I can't see that being thrown around in January given COVID uncertainty.

No one. Market will be quiet again.

Rumour on Avftt that we are taking Reading keeper, Sam Walker, on a short term loan
This is true, and the club will be annoyed it's got out as they were trying to keep it quiet for as long as possible.

It's a week's loan as Maxwell is definitely out of the next two games at least (week's emergency loan for a GK is all you're permitted outside of the window). Obviously the window opens Jan 1st anyway, so things will be reassessed then.

As Maxwell is the only senior keeper at the club (Sims and Fojticek both registered as U21s) we were allowed to bring Walker in. Rule is such that anyone brought in on emergency loan has to start.

Sims is out at the moment as well.

EFL Rule--57 Emergency Goalkeeper Loan
57.1 If all the Professional Goalkeepers at a Club are unavailable as a result of having been:
57.1.1 certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play;
57.1.2 suspended; or
57.1.3 called up to play for his national association representative matches in accordance with the requirements of FIFA as laid down from time to time,
a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulations 43.2 and 43.3), a further goalkeeper on a short term basis in accordance with the following provisions.
57.2 The Club must supply to The League written evidence to demonstrate the circumstances set out in Regulation 57.1 apply, together with the appropriate form(s) for his registration and The League having confirmed that the circumstances conform to the provisions of this Regulation:
57.2.1 in respect of any fixture played on a weekday when the Office is normally open, at least three hours before the match; or
57.2.2 in respect of any other fixture:
(a) 12 noon on the day of the match; or
(b) at least three hours before the match,
whichever is the earlier.
57.3 The period of any Emergency Goalkeeper Loan:
57.3.1 shall be for a period of seven days, inclusive of the starting date and finishing date; and
57.3.2 may be renewed for seven days at a time, subject to compliance with Regulation 57.2 in respect of each proposed renewal.
57.4 Any goalkeeper registered under the provisions of this Regulation must be included in the starting 11 on the Team Sheet, and must start the Match
57.5 The provisions of Regulation 54.4.2 shall not apply to an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan.

Last edited:

Players contracts up at the end of this season with no.option are Turton, Garbutt & Madine.

Players whose contracts are up but we have a 1yr option are Ward + Williams.

Madine will be interesting as he's on big money I would think. Wonder if he'll have to take a pay cut? I think Virtue will take the armband

What's wrong with Maxie? Thought he was excellent last week

Last edited:
Madine will be interesting as he's on big money I would think. Wonder if he'll have to take a pay cut? I think Virtue will take the armband

What's wrong with Maxie? Thought he was excellent last week
The Dreaded. Virus strikes again.

Harry Mail @Harrymail99
Blackpool could look to strengthen their ranks in the upcoming January transfer window. Here are three players they have been linked with since the start of this season-
Sam Walker, Reading
He has joined the Tangerines on an emergency loan deal but is an option for them if they need more competition and depth in their goalkeeping department for the rest of the season

Walker, who is 29 years old, is due to go back to Reading on 1st January but it will be interesting to see if they opt to bring him back to compete with Chris Maxwell for the number one spot.

Curtis Tilt, Rotherham United
Blackpool were linked with a move for him in the last transfer window. Tilt is currently on loan at fellow League One side Wigan Athletic but Neil Critchley’s side could try and tempt the Millers to switch him to Bloomfield Road, or see if they would sell on a permanent basis.

Tilt, who is 29 years old, was a hit during his three years with the Seasiders before his move to Rotherham. He would be a shrewd signing this winter and would boost their defensive department. It will be interesting to see if they remain interested in re-signing him.

Jake Doyle-Hayes, St Mirren
The Tangerines were credited with an interest in him after his release by Aston Villa at the end of last term, as per the Blackpool Gazette.

The midfielder is now on the books at St Mirren but is an option for Blackpool if they want to lure him back down the border from Scotland.

Will Blackpool be busy in January?

3 PLAYERS LINKED WITH BLACKPOOL AHEAD OF JANUARY
By Harry Mail