January window | Page 8 | Vital Football

January window

If we didn't have all the injuries/illnesses at the moment I'd be expecting Williams to be loaned out for the rest of the year. As you say, we are well covered for numbers in that area if lacking in quality somewhat.

I bet we take in to account the number of games that Williams plays.
He signed a 1yr deal with a 1yr option. If he plays a certain number of games he will have the right to invoke the option, I can't see him being a player here next season.

Can we afford their wages with the cap, particularly Madine whose current wages will be classified as divisional average?

Er, He's 38 and from stats I've seen has scored 111goals in 4.5 seasons at QoS. Mind you I may be wrong ! Or were you winding me up?

Rather have Yates and Madine than Gnaduilent.

Couldn’t trap cement, hold up play for a big fella was crap and missed the easy chances.

I could score in the Scottish Championship.

So, with just a few days to the deadline, whom are we looking to offload, how many spaces do we have left in the squad at the moment and what positions do people still feel need strengthening? I would be happy with a better reserve keeper, another striker and a marque attacking midfielder but perhaps I am being greedy.
When fit we have a decent defence with good holding midfielders to screen it but an attacking midfielder who can take a decent set piece and chip in with a few goals would be my top choice.

Am still concerned by the lack of goals from midfield and in most games our set pieces have remained poor. What we would all like is a clone of Charlie Adam.
Thorniley gave very professional performances recently. Did he do enough to change Critchley's mind?

Am still concerned by the lack of goals from midfield and in most games our set pieces have remained poor. What we would all like is a clone of Charlie Adam.
Thorniley gave very professional performances recently. Did he do enough to change Critchley's mind?
Thorniley played the last two games out of necessity - and he didn't let himself or the side down. I'm sure some other clubs would gladly take him. But these are uncertain times - CV19 and injuries - and we should keep Thorniley here.