January window | Page 5 | Vital Football

January window

We need a proven goalscorer, nor wnother untested younster 'with potential'. We also need a quality midfielder who can pass forwards with accuracy

We need a proven goalscorer, nor wnother untested younster 'with potential'. We also need a quality midfielder who can pass forwards with accuracy

Do we? We've got 3 players on target for 10+ goals this season (fitness dependant!).

I'd argue we just need to create more chances for them from midfield - if we got another striker in who would they displace in the team? A creative no. 10 type and a midfielder who we can trust to play alongside Dougall would be perfect.

Do we? We've got 3 players on target for 10+ goals this season (fitness dependant!).

I'd argue we just need to create more chances for them from midfield - if we got another striker in who would they displace in the team? A creative no. 10 type and a midfielder who we can trust to play alongside Dougall would be perfect.

We have the second lowest goals scored in the division. We don't score enough of the chancea we make, so yes, we need a proven goal scorer / finisher, especially if we have any ambition to get out of this division

Ideally a promotion squad will have four strikers with different qualities so they can be kept fresh and to have the option to change tactics radically if plan A isn't working. If only Critch was set against bringing Nando back, him and that Wigan lad would fit the bill nicely.

If we had BFL back wouldnt he move goal machine out, I dont see a lot of difference other than frenchie is so unorthodox.
How often did the bet on one of our big defenders scoring payout, the lads at the back need to chip in with an odd goal and someone in the middle of the park scoring almost double figures

Newport County AFC can confirm that midfielder Jamie Devitt has returned to Blackpool following his loan spell with the Exiles.

We would like to thank Jamie for his efforts during his time at the club and wish him the best for the future.

Jamie Devitt has become the fifth new arrival of the Michael Jolley era after the attacking midfielder put pen to paper on an 18-month deal following his release from Blackpool.

The move marks a return to Cumbria for the 30-year-old, who scored 22 goals in 130 appearances for Carlisle United during a three-year spell between 2016 and 2019.

Devitt became a hugely popular figure with fans at Brunton Park following a series of influential performances in a Carlisle shirt, including some as captain of the side.

The Dublin-born schemer originally graduated from Hull City’s Academy and gained senior experience with loan spells at Darlington, Shrewsbury Town and Grimsby Town before making his First Team debut for The Tigers at the start of the 2010/11 campaign.

Further loan stints with Accrington Stanley, Bradford City, Rotherham United and Grimsby followed before he signed a permanent deal to join Chesterfield in the summer of 2013.

At the start of 2014, Morecambe snapped up the midfield ace and took him to The Globe Arena where he began to produce some of his best football, scoring 12 goals in 98 appearances for The Shrimps.

His understanding with Morecambe top scorer Shaun Miller was a particular feature in 2015/16 when Devitt finished the season as League Two’s top assist-maker and picked up a trio of Player of the Year awards.

That brilliant form earned him the move to Carlisle where he continued to produce match-winning performances before being unable to agree a new deal with the Club in the summer of 2019.

Instead, he opted for a move to Blackpool, though he spent part of last season on loan at Bradford City and has played the first half of the current campaign on loan at Newport County.

Devitt adds further guile to Jolley’s Barrow squad as he follows Neal Eardley, Dan Bramall, Tom Davies and Olllie Banks through the door in what has been a busy few days for The Bluebirds.

I wish him well. Never once made a fuss that he wasn't given a chance after appearing as a regular for Carlisle. I think the official communication could have also wished him well.

I wish him well. Never once made a fuss that he wasn't given a chance after appearing as a regular for Carlisle. I think the official communication could have also wished him well.

They have at the bottom of the official site post?

Not sure if it’s been added in later or if you mean the twitter post which if so I think you have a point in fairness.

Like you say, never made a fuss or was a nuisance but was clear him, Toillitt & Yussuff were awful signings not fit for league one but wish him all the best.

its in the link of the tweet.
Blackpool Football Club can confirm Jamie Devitt’s contract with the Club has been cancelled by mutual consent.
The 30-year-old, who spent time on loan with Newport County in League Two earlier this season, is now free to pursue further opportunities elsewhere.
The Club would like to wish Jamie all the best for the future.

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Ellis Simms on loan from Everton for the remainder of the campaign.

The talented striker, 20, is one of the leading goalscorers in Premier League 2 this season, having hit eight goals in 12 games for the Toffees’ under-23 side.

On the books at Goodison Park since the age of 16, Simms has been prolific throughout his time on Merseyside, scoring eight goals in 15 league games in 2019/20 and an incredible 32 goals in 21 league matches for the under-18s in 2018/19, which took his overall tally to 46 in all competitions that season.