January Window | Page 10 | Vital Football

January Window

Blackpool Football Club has agreed to sign Republic of Ireland under-21 international Connor Ronan on loan from Wolves.

The midfielder, who arrives until the end of the season, has made 13 first-team appearances for the Premier League side and recently spent time out in Slovakia playing for top tier outfit DAC Dunajska Streda.

No stranger to League One football, the 21-year-old has also played for Portsmouth and Walsall on loan, making 17 and 15 appearances, respectively.

Manager Simon Grayson said:

“Connor’s an exciting player and the type of player that we’ve been missing this season. A lot of people speak highly about him and he’s had some good experience out in Slovakia, as well as internationally for Ireland at under-21 level. We’re looking for him to get on the ball, pick a pass and add something different to the squad.”

Connor Ronan added:

“I like to get on the ball and try and make things happen. I’ll take risks in the opposite half, try and get a few assists and chip in with a few goals. All in all, I just want to help the team wherever I can and try and help the team get back to where it belongs.”

Rowan Roache and Emil Jaaskelainen have been released from their contracts in order to pursue opportunities elsewhere.

The Club would like to wish the pair, whose deals were due to expire in the summer, the very best of luck for the future.

Thompson would be no loss on his last few months showing.
Looks to have gone backwards after scoring his only goal of this season.
He's temperamental as shown v Burton last season and should have flourished in this team. I have been disspointed with his lack of progress. Rather Virtue any any of the week.
Stow ke are getting a player who falls over and grabs the ball as he hits the deck.
We will be getting a 7 figure fee in return for a young full international.

Seven figure sum, really?

I wonder if Grayson will be brave enough to start 3 or 4 of the new signings? He has been moaning about a lack of quality, so he has fewer excuses now

I wonder if Grayson will be brave enough to start 3 or 4 of the new signings? He has been moaning about a lack of quality, so he has fewer excuses now
AS I said on another thread Pete, I expect at least 3 to 5 changes tomorrow and those mostly new ones

Don’t get chance for much social media in my new job, can’t keep up with all these signings 🤯.

Sounds a good attacking midfielder from Wolves and happy with Madine.

Not really fussed about Thompson, wish him all the best though.

I would like us to take a punt on a quick nippy forward. CJ Hamilton from Mansfield impresses me. Could work well off Nando and Madine.

Blackpool are locked in a transfer tussle with Wycombe Wanderers for Gillingham winger Mark Marshall according to Football Insider.

The 33-year-old is out of contract at the end of the 2019/20 season, which seems to have seen interest in his services rise as the January transfer window progresses.
Marshall has made 22 appearances for Gillingham this term, and has one assist to his name but is yet to register a goal, which will be slightly frustrating for the winger.
A move to Blackpool or Wycombe Wanderers could be a tempting proposition though, as both of the interested parties are challenging for promotion into the Championship this season.

Blackpool are currently sat 15th in the League One table, and will be hoping they can break out of a poor run of form at the earliest of opportunities.
Simon Grayson’s side might be further down the table than Gillingham (14th) currently are, but they have a game in hand, as well as being only seven points adrift of the play-off positions, so a top-six finish certainly shouldn’t be ruled out.

Whilst the Chairboys are sat second in the third tier standings, and are seemingly keen to add some depth to their squad before the transfer window closes.
Blackpool are next in action on Saturday when they host Tranmere Rovers, in a game which they’ll be keen to pick up a much-needed three points.