January Transfers? | Page 2 | Vital Football

January Transfers?

I suppose a lot depends on why they let him go. If they were strapped for cash that's one thing but if he wasn't performing for them, well.........

First arrival as Marcus Carver is unveiled by Pools to strengthen attacking options. Whilst, personally unimpressed by striker signings from nonleague, I welcome him to the club and wish him well in his endeavours in Blue and White.

A big step up from Nation League North to Football League but like you OP, I wish him every success. He might be just what we need in view of our ability to get crosses into the box. You never know, with him in the side we might even score from a corner.

A big step up from Nation League North to Football League but like you OP, I wish him every success. He might be just what we need in view of our ability to get crosses into the box. You never know, with him in the side we might even score from a corner.
Score from a corner, never!

I see that the club have announced another two departures from the squad today, Fondop and Daly. It would appear that Mitchell is also likely to seek his fortune elsewhere, so coupled with the earlier exits of Goodwin, Burey and Jones , Pools have seen 6 exits its and only 2 incoming so far this Transfer Window.
I think we'll need some further additions!

5 points taken from last 30 available in league and squad starting to look a bit thin. Need proven quality players in. Results in cups a bonus but the league is the bread and butter. It would be criminal to waste the 23 point Challinor legacy.

"Patience is Key" proclaims Greame Lee in the Mail for bringing in new players during the Transfer Window. Whilst I accept that being patient can be the best policy, I am also conscious that waiting too long for a specific target can result in not getting anybody in to bolster the squad.
With the recent departures, Pools now have a squad of about 21 (including 2 goalkeepers) hence it won't take many injuries / suspensions to reduce availability to the bare bones of a match day squad!
The club, prior to the Window opening, were making much of monies being available for strengthening of the squad - to date there's no evidence of this being the case!

I'm starting to become seriously worried about Pools and where this season will end.

I see that Matty Daly has now been loaned to Bradford City for the rest of the season!
So much for his recall being because of injuries within the Huddersfield squad, someone somewhere is not being upfront.

Daly wasn't getting selected so why not ship out. Getting concerned with regards to transfer dealings and lack of experience in this area from manager. Hope I'm wrong but don't see a 28 year old National North journeyman, who hasn't pulled up trees anywhere previously, being the answer.

Like you McPoolie I'm concerned by the lack of transfer nous in the management team, though I do recall that Lee Turnbull was brought in to provide expertise in this area at the time of Spike's appointment, specifically to prepare for the January window.
So far the movements in the Transfer Window have been underwhelming and if something doesn't materialise soon I suspect the return to the EFL will prove short lived!

Raj making positive noises in Northern Echo regarding bringing in players, including talking to Man U and Arsenal about players in their U23 squads.
However, the clock is ticking with only 9 days of the Window remaining!

Despite my scepticism, Pools have made a couple of positive signings in Issac Fletcher and Omar Bogle to strengthen our attacking options. Hoping that with their height and strength we might start to score from a corner in the coming weeks!

Good luck lads and welcome to Pools

Yeah the Northern Echo report said he was at the end of his contract at Doncaster so I presume they were happy to let him go as he hasn't been a regular for some time. Lets hope he bangs a few in.

With the addition of Joe White from Newcastle, my overall impression of Pool's transfer business during the Window is positive. However, we do desperately need to sign an experienced keeper as cover for Killip.

Though, I believe, League rules do allow for keepers to be brought in on an "emergency " loan if there are no alternatives within the squad?

There is a strong suggestion we could be signing O' Donnell from Bradford. He is an experienced keeper who would fit in quite nicely. I think we'll know more on Monday.

Turns out the keeper is Nicholas Bilokapic, from Huddersfield.
This syndrome happens every year : "we need to bolster the squad..... the window is approaching...we're going down. We're not going to get anyone". And then we do :).

With the addition of Bilokapic and Bryn Morris from Burton Albion, the squad is looking more balanced and (potentially) strong. Spike now just has to integrate the new players into the squad and get them winning league matches.

As a final observation, or two, I see that Hendrie has joined Bradford whilst Fondop has been snapped up by Oldham.