January transfer window | Page 47 | Vital Football

January transfer window

Could Toffolo’s clause be a no relegation clause where if we don’t get relegated his contract gets extended. Perhaps jumping the gun a bit saying he’s extended if that’s the way it is.
How on earth could that be? He joined us when we were in League Two.

How on earth could that be? He joined us when we were in League Two.
..... which means absolutely nothing....

Are you saying it’s impossible to have a clause written in saying something along the lines of ‘if we’re promoted and avoid relegation the following season, extend the contract’ or ‘if we are to be playing in league 1 in 2020/21, extend the contract’ (of course wouldn’t have been a non relegation clause when deal was signed.)

With the clause coming to light hopefully this will be a record fee, undisclosed as always I imagine.

Sky sports saying Huddersfield. Thought they couldn't sign are players till summer was this just a rumour

Sky sports saying Huddersfield. Thought they couldn't sign are players till summer was this just a rumour
Difficult to implement when said player is out of contract in the summer. You can't really prevent them from making a move if that's the contractual situation with him.

As an aside, I notice the two stats guys aren't on the OS anymore. Did DC take them?

I was under the impression any agreement was they would not take backroom staff. Lincoln would have been mad to not allow a player sale especially one whose contract has 6 months to run.

Difficult to implement when said player is out of contract in the summer. You can't really prevent them from making a move if that's the contractual situation with him.

As an aside, I notice the two stats guys aren't on the OS anymore. Did DC take them?

Yep, Danny and Nicky took the core of their data team with them...

I read something somewhere this week. The stats guys are definitely doing work for Huddersfield.

..... which means absolutely nothing....

Are you saying it’s impossible to have a clause written in saying something along the lines of ‘if we’re promoted and avoid relegation the following season, extend the contract’ or ‘if we are to be playing in league 1 in 2020/21, extend the contract’ (of course wouldn’t have been a non relegation clause when deal was signed.)
What?

I never believed that "hands off" rumour anyway. Why on earth would you exclude one club from transfer negotiations when you're open to offers from others?

I suspect Impartiality's correct, if any such agreement exists it probably relates to the backroom staff

On the subject of triggering contract extensions, these clauses are usually based on appearances and often linked to a pay increment.

For example, Neal Eardley triggered a contract extension in November 2017 when he made his 18th start of the season against AFC Wimbledon.

If that's Pett on his way, along with Toff, and probably Coker and Payne, that would leave us with an available squad of, what, 21?