January transfer window | Page 45 | Vital Football

January transfer window

I am now at the conclusion that Toffolo is going to sign a new contract in the next couple of days and that's it all a WUM a la Aaron Lewis.

No olive text but I might be losing it.

Presumably it's done on games rather than % of games played, so what's he on now this season? Somewhere between 30-35?

This is a shocking turn of events. Was Toff saying goodbye also a message to Lincoln City hierarchy? I’d assumed the deal was done and not in doubt. It all seemed very final from him - or was it just in case he leaves?

presume we knew 26 or 27 games would come along halfway through january, the ideal time to have a trigger in your best player's contract.
toffolo has a great fitness record, virtually ever present since he joined.
i hope danny was instrumental in inserting that trigger clause )))

That re-activation clause of his contract fits in the with rumours doing the rounds that he has been advised not to play and go on strike,

I would highly doubt an Agent or Danny would advise him of this (Where is the olive text colour)

This is a shocking turn of events. Was Toff saying goodbye also a message to Lincoln City hierarchy? I’d assumed the deal was done and not in doubt. It all seemed very final from him - or was it just in case he leaves?

I think we have to be fair to Toffs- as he has been with the fans.

IF he assumed the deal was likely to occur before the weekend, last night would be his only chance to say goodbye- he is genuinely (as several of the players are) affected by the affection fans hold him in and, if he thought he may/likely be leaving, he only had last night.

I still think it is likely he will leave but (and it's the hope that kills you), I will sing his name loud and proud on Saturday if he stays until the summer.

I think we have to be fair to Toffs- as he has been with the fans.

IF he assumed the deal was likely to occur before the weekend, last night would be his only chance to say goodbye- he is genuinely (as several of the players are) affected by the affection fans hold him in and, if he thought he may/likely be leaving, he only had last night.

I still think it is likely he will leave but (and it's the hope that kills you), I will sing his name loud and proud on Saturday if he stays until the summer.

Good point, well made...

That re-activation clause of his contract fits in the with rumours doing the rounds that he has been advised not to play and go on strike,

I would highly doubt an Agent or Danny would advise him of this (Where is the olive text colour)

I could never see Toffolo do that! too much of a decent honest human being full of integrity. A thoroughly nice bloke who I am sure will get his move to bigger things (obviously it won't be better because Lincoln City is the best).

It's clear why the club are holding out for their valuation. Oh how times change from the days when we couldn't wait to take any cash and run. Happy Days and shows the club is in good hands.

Interesting that he’s close to triggering a new deal. We may not have seen the last of this yet. Played 33 time’s for us this season, surely the trigger must be 35 games?