January Transfer Window | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

officemonkey

Vital Champions League
Anything happening or has it once again been forgotten at SDU?

Surely given the current plight, incomings would/should be a priority? Even Jack Wilshere on a short-term deal would’ve given the midfield a bit more creativity about them. It would also have allowed for a higher line of play given that Broocey is now wanting to play his way...

Last edited:
Nowt happening as Ashley is using the plandemic as an excuse.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Broocey wants to clear a little of Man Utd's wage bill by going for Phil Jones or Jesse Lingard on loan.

Anything happening or has it once again been forgotten at SDU?

Surely given the current plight, incomings would should a be a priority? Even Jack Wilshere on a short-term deal would’ve given the midfield a bit more creativity about them. It would also have allowed for a higher line of play given that Broocey is now wanting to play his way...

Wouldn't expect to see too much for many clubs this window. A couple of loans again is most likely for Newcastle . Supposedly looking at a left back with Jetro Willems again mooted as well as talk about Brandon Williams from Manchester United again on loan and the Napoli left back Faouzi Ghoulam . Few rumblings about Josh King to further turn the side into Bournemouth FC 2 but that's more his agent touting him.

Outgoing wise Fulham are interested in Gayle and he's keen (though his wages are a stumbling block) and Freddie Woodman is expected to go .

You may as well write this window off, I mean let's be honest, who's gonna improve that team? You could put Messi in there and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. Besides, the manager has been well backed, we have a better squad now than we did when bruceless took over. If I was Ashley I wouldn't give that man a penny.

Wouldn't expect to see too much for many clubs this window. A couple of loans again is most likely for Newcastle . Supposedly looking at a left back with Jetro Willems again mooted as well as talk about Brandon Williams from Manchester United again on loan and the Napoli left back Faouzi Ghoulam . Few rumblings about Josh King to further turn the side into Bournemouth FC 2 but that's more his agent touting him.

Outgoing wise Fulham are interested in Gayle and he's keen (though his wages are a stumbling block) and Freddie Woodman is expected to go .

What is the fascination with left backs?!

A number10 would be canny who puts his foot on the ball,supports the striker,can see a pass & has a turn of pace,who was the last one we had?

Bruce should spend time on the training ground getting players to cross the ball so it passes the first defender and shooting practise.

Bruce should spend time on the training ground getting players to cross the ball so it passes the first defender and shooting practise.

Maybe some running too to build up some stamina.

They don't look remotely fit, no surprise if they're all away with Shelvey playing golf most of the time.

I would not be surprised if fans were inundating the club with demands asking for Bruce to be tasked with ensuring all players foreskins and anuses are in pristine condition.:shake:

Can someone explain what Charnley does and how he can be absent for such long periods without the local rags asking the question. If we had a decent local paper and journalists there would have been far more investigating of the hierarchy.

Can someone explain what Charnley does and how he can be absent for such long periods without the local rags asking the question. If we had a decent local paper and journalists there would have been far more investigating of the hierarchy.

How ?

They don't speak or interact on any level except to give statements usually via Nufc.co.uk or occasionally Ashley on Sky . The hierarchy is essentially Ashley.

Then Barnes, Bishop and Charnley. Bob Moncur used to be involved but isn't now as far as I'm aware. You're then talking about staff such as Lee Marshall , Richard Hines and Claire Alexander. Do you think they honestly know what's going on ?

Graeme Jones supposedly about to be appointed as part of the coaching staff which is just bizarre .

Struck me as bizarre too, then I thought about it. It's going to be a carver-esque job. He's the backup for the inevitable Bruce sacking. There's no way Ashley is going to pay Bruce compo AND another manager compo to come in. I don't know much about Jones credentials but in short it looks like a cheap plan B.

Struck me as bizarre too, then I thought about it. It's going to be a carver-esque job. He's the backup for the inevitable Bruce sacking. There's no way Ashley is going to pay Bruce compo AND another manager compo to come in. I don't know much about Jones credentials but in short it looks like a cheap plan B.

Can't be surely. He's only managed Luton and it was a disaster.