January transfer action and rumours | Page 15 | Vital Football

January transfer action and rumours

Has Bowler etc had their contracts re negotiated and got longer deals….
Plus does Everton have a sell on clause. .??

No, he was released by Everton so they don't have a right for any sell on.

If I was Bowler, not really sure why I'd negotiate a new contract at this point. If he has a great end to the season, he'll be signing a new contract with a new team in 4 months.

Yes, we might be able to offer him higher wages now but that would only be 3-4 months before he's probably looking to be off anyway.

One reason he, and any other footballer, should sigh a new longer term contract if offered is insurance against career ending injury. I assume that SS, the hedge fund manager, would advise it

One reason he, and any other footballer, should sigh a new longer term contract if offered is insurance against career ending injury. I assume that SS, the hedge fund manager, would advise it
I would think that but with personal insurance policies and better medical care this is less of a problem than it might have been 20 years ago.

No, he was released by Everton so they don't have a right for any sell on.

If I was Bowler, not really sure why I'd negotiate a new contract at this point. If he has a great end to the season, he'll be signing a new contract with a new team in 4 months.

Yes, we might be able to offer him higher wages now but that would only be 3-4 months before he's probably looking to be off anyway.

I wonder why the move never went ahead? Bournemouth are right up there and likely to be promoted / in the mix. Wonder if he is holding out for a different club or waiting to see where suitors end up.

If the figure of £3m is true I can't see us getting anywhere near that in the future.

Saw Ince has gone to Reading on loan and it reminded me of what a player he was with us. Miles better than Bowler.

Robinson clearly still in live with us...

View attachment 55446

He came back and he played. If he came back and just sat on the bench, i'd semi-agree that we were playing games, but he played!

We sent both him and Robson on loan to promotion-contenting league 1 clubs, and they both played well. If we didn't really have them, we'd probably be considering signing them.

Activate his extension just to annoy Karl even more.

Blackpool boss Neil Critchley doesn't believe other clubs went about their business in the right manner in the transfer window.
The Seasiders had bids rejected for Peterborough captain Oliver Norburn as well as Oxford midfielder Cameron Brannagan on deadline day after pursuing the players throughout the window.
Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony was openly public about Blackpool's bids for their player, who was initially looking to make the move to be closer to his family in the North West.

The initial £300k bid rejected was laughed off by their owner on Twitter, but it quickly transpired that the player was wanting the move away.
MacAnthony went on Instagram to make a nine minute video detailing the ins and outs of his club's business and spoke in detail about the Norburn approach from the Tangerines.

"I spoke to Ollie myself about everything that had come up obviously with the bids from Blackpool," MacAnthony said.

"The story gets leaked on Saturday about him wanting to move home, don't know where the story came from, again we're trying to play a game on Saturday so not ideal.
"I spoke to him man to man, over the phone had a conversation, he explained the situation about him wanting to move home, I get it I'm a family guy I want to see my own kids, this is the industry I'm in, the job I'm in.
"I said to him there's 120 days to June and his job is to keep us in the Championship like every other player at the club, whilst I understand about the family situation, I have over 200 employers with their own families and there are careers on the line staying in the Championship or going down to League One.
"I said he has my word if it's mission accomplished I'll do my best to get him a move in June."
Blackpool themselves have always looked to keep their business in house and never speculate on players or clubs who are linked with a move to Bloomfield Road.
With that in mind Critchley gave his view on the manner in which others went about their business. “We’ve had bids for some of our players, it would be wrong for me to comment on those clubs in public in my opinion.
“I don’t think you should comment on other people and whether other people are bidding on your players, for me that should be private until business is concluded and if it’s not then you don’t need to discuss those types of things.
“If I discussed every bid we had in January from every club I would be here for a long time and then you can put other people in difficult situations.

“I just think it’s about having respect for other football clubs and the people who are working there and we like to do our business in a different way.”

Blackpool rejected multiple bids on deadline day for winger Josh Bowler from Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest with the Seasiders holding out for big money should the player end up leaving Bloomfield Road in the summer

Blackpool winger Josh Bowler would have had the chance to quadruple his wages if he’d had the opportunity to sign for Championship rivals AFC Bournemouth last month, according to The Sun’s Alan Nixon.

The 22-year-old was the subject of considerable interest from other second-tier sides, with the Cherries, Fulham and Nottingham Forest all thought to have been monitoring his situation at Bloomfield Road following a bright 2021/22 campaign thus far.
Forest were the side thought to have been most heavily interested in recruiting the ex-Everton man, launching three separate bids for his services during the January window as they looked to strengthen their wide area, also targeting Millwall’s Jed Wallace.

Scott Parker was also on the prowl for a winger though – and finally managed to get one over the line last week when Todd Cantwell arrived on a temporary spell from Premier League outfit Norwich City and Siriki Dembele joined permanently.

Still receiving parachute payments and selling former star man Arnaut Danjuma in a £21.3m deal back in the summer, they have the resources to splash out on both transfer fees and wages, something Blackpool are unable to do having only just come up from League One.
This has been reinforced by Nixon’s revelation, with The Sun journalist reporting that Bowler would have received four times his current wage in Lancashire, a life-changing amount of money he may have found hard to turn down.

The Verdict:

The salary the 22-year-old currently earns under Neil Critchley is undisclosed so it’s unclear what he would have been offered at the Vitality Stadium.
However, that would have been a life-changing amount of money that would have allowed him to live comfortably for the rest of his life, something he’s already on course to do as he continues to shine in the Championship.

The Seasiders look set to remain in the second tier beyond the end of the summer so he may even be able to negotiate himself a more generous pay packet if he wanted to, something his side should be looking at considering they are likely to sell him on for much more in the future.
He didn’t exactly sign a long-term contract on his arrival at Bloomfield Road, so that gives him more power over his future and with that, his financial situation.

But to make the move from Lancashire to the south coast would have been quite a change – and although money important – his wellbeing also is so he may have even rejected this potential transfer if he had the opportunity to make the move down south.

I think the most revealing bit of the article is when it says that his salary is undisclosed, so they really haven't a clue