January Signings | Page 12 | Vital Football

January Signings

Meh. He's still young enough to change. It will make it easier to sign him too. Would probably change his attitude if he moved here.

But if he is too much of a twat, we should look for someone of a similar profile. Young, decent physically, capable of playing all across a back 3.

Kevin Danso is one I'd consider. Could also be midfield cover.

Just as well RND has gone out on loan again you can’t wrestle players in the penalty area like that in the prem with var knocking about absolute stonewall pen dunno what the ref and Lino are looking at to miss it tbh

Linked with Siriki Dembele along with Forest and Fulham.

He's a winger really but maybe we think he can do Duffyish things.

Linked with Siriki Dembele along with Forest and Fulham.

He's a winger really but maybe we think he can do Duffyish things.
Please excuse an old man's ignorance on this Siriki Dembele Herby but who does he play for and what sort of fee would be needed? UTMPB

Peterborough.

No idea on the fee. Their owner always seems to think there should be a £5m tax on their players.

Not too long on his contract though and with the lack of revenue for these clubs fucked by the government, it might be a fair bit less than usual.

Sounds like Lingard prefers West Ham. Probably a good thing so we can move onto more realistic targets.

Last edited:
Peterborough.

No idea on the fee. Their owner always seems to think there should be a £5m tax on their players.

Not too long on his contract though and with the lack of revenue for these clubs fucked by the government, it might be a fair bit less than usual.
Thanks for that Herby.UTMPB

If we're looking to replace Duffy, and I have my doubts CW will be scrapping the two box-to-boxes in midfield, we could do worse than look at Sammie Szmodics. He flopped at Bristol City and some will argue he's not Championship standard but it's hard not to watch him and make comparisons with Duffy. With Lundstram, Berge and Freeman liikely leaving CW going to have some irons in the fire when it comes to midfield.

But yeah, Posh's flamboyant Irish owner will no doubt want millions more for his players than they're worth and that'll be even worse if they go up, which I fancy them to do.

I see Rothwell scored Blackburn's winner at Boro yesterday.

He's a must sign for me.

Wouldn't cost the earth, and would offer us much of what we're lacking.

Pace, dribbling, directness, creativity, a proper attacking midfielder.

Would be a great option in the Duffy role because he's comfortable in the wide areas, on both sides, and could drift to either wing to pick up the ball and either link up or drive forward.

He's exactly the sort of edge of your seat player we're craving.

Can also play deeper in midfield.

Good age and can certainly improve further.

Having him among our current squad in the Championship would be an exciting prospect.

The Athletic reporting that we want Choudhury along with WBA, Newcastle and, for some reason, Fulham.

Says he wants to go to whoever gives him most game time.

So I'd say WBA win this one on the location tiebreaker. And survival hopes I guess.

Shame if so because I strongly feel that he's one player who could come in and ensure we won't be an embarrassment this season and in the history books.

What's a bigger concern for me though is the absolute lack of links to any LCBs.

If we aren't looking to strengthen there with JOC's setback it's like we're aiming for under 10 points.

The problem is that whoever we go in for we get outgunned financially. Even WBA seem to have deeper pockets and Leeds get an extra £50 million investment announced today.. The Prince needs to get this sorted or his grand project will go the same way as McCabes did.

I’m beginning to think nothing will happen we were told that business would be done early I know it’s hard and teams don’t want to do business till their own house has been sorted but with 5 days left all I can see is a last min dash round the supermarket just before it closes and stuff usually gets chucked in you don’t want or need in that situation

I’m beginning to think nothing will happen we were told that business would be done early I know it’s hard and teams don’t want to do business till their own house has been sorted but with 5 days left all I can see is a last min dash round the supermarket just before it closes and stuff usually gets chucked in you don’t want or need in that situation

There seems to be more to the lack of activity than is being talked about. CW's short answer to the question does seem a little out of character, to me at least.

The problem is the players we are looking to loan all have 3-4 choices and we are bottom of the league. If they want to ressurrect their careers or enhance them it will look better in a team doing well.
What we should be doing is signing players that will make us better with a view to next season. Like has been said earlier Rothwell, Pearson etc but the board don't have the money to pay the transfer fee.
So Wilder is having to think of ways around this by compiling dossiers and promising players they will have a starring role. I fear that is not going to work with greedy players and their agents.
It all leaves us in a very difficult position.