January Signings | Page 2 | Vital Football

January Signings

There's more about Rojo in the Daily Mail, with Ben Davies an alternative, who might cost £10m.

For that money I'd prefer to go for Cooper.

At this moment in time the Prince is what we have, we didn't have a say in the matter so it's irrelevant if he's our man or not.
He's backed Wilder to the hilt that's clear, did he use his own money, definitely not, he used the premier/sky/bt money as any owner would have. Our problem is he isn't a billionaire, can he attract further investment who knows, if relegation comes to pass it will be more difficult.
Fans continue to cry for more money to be spent, increase the wage cap, go for it. The financial security of the club is my main concern, that it is not put at risk, if that means a step back then so be it. I await the balance sheet with a slight worry, it will certainly be affected by the Coronavirus, but also by the mortgage taken by "our man".

Shit or bust not for me.

Will Wilder decide? I think the board will and rightly so.
I agree with all that but the Prince seems to have this grand plan to have 4 or 5 feeder clubs with all the best talent coming back to SUFC (sounds familiar). That all sounds good for the future but you have to keep the main part of that equation in a healthy state. I am surprised he has not been able to bring more investment in like many of the major premiership clubs have had to do (examples been Arsenal and Everton). He has backed Wilder but we needed upgrades to that many of the first team it was not enough. The stellar season we just had has masked what we all knew when we got promoted it has just happened a year later.

I can't see a club paying the 10 million PNE want for Davies considering his contract situation. Come January he can negotiate a pre contract with a domestic club and earn a bumper signing on fee. If we could secure Cooper and Davies for next season I think that sets us up nicely.

I wonder if there's still an interest in Folarin Balogun. Scored his second in Europe last night and got an assist. Looks a strong kid able to hold up the ball, has a good burst of pace and can finish. If not this season, maybe a season long loan the next.

I agree with all that but the Prince seems to have this grand plan to have 4 or 5 feeder clubs with all the best talent coming back to SUFC (sounds familiar). That all sounds good for the future but you have to keep the main part of that equation in a healthy state. I am surprised he has not been able to bring more investment in like many of the major premiership clubs have had to do (examples been Arsenal and Everton). He has backed Wilder but we needed upgrades to that many of the first team it was not enough. The stellar season we just had has masked what we all knew when we got promoted it has just happened a year later.

The board/Prince provide the funds, Wilder and his recruiting team assemble a list of targets he has identified that presumably can fit into our system and improve it, and the board say yes or no. We can't blame the board for Wilder's recommendations I think most boards rely on their recruiting team to get it right, they rarely get it spot on every time.
Every fan has an opinion on their clubs signings, were all the signings a success last year, well they contributed to a 9th place finish so you say yes. The reality is all of our players have to be at the top of their game for us to get a result, for the majority of last year they were.
This year the team as a collective aren't at the top of the game, I'm not into finding excuses for failure to put points on the board, we just haven't been defensively sound as last year and our ability to score has become worst than last year. Most fans wanted players that could improve the first team starting eleven that clearly didn't happen. I haven't an axe to grind with Wilder but this years signings haven't improved us, and Wilder has take responsibility for that.

The board/Prince provide the funds, Wilder and his recruiting team assemble a list of targets he has identified that presumably can fit into our system and improve it, and the board say yes or no. We can't blame the board for Wilder's recommendations I think most boards rely on their recruiting team to get it right, they rarely get it spot on every time.
Every fan has an opinion on their clubs signings, were all the signings a success last year, well they contributed to a 9th place finish so you say yes. The reality is all of our players have to be at the top of their game for us to get a result, for the majority of last year they were.
This year the team as a collective aren't at the top of the game, I'm not into finding excuses for failure to put points on the board, we just haven't been defensively sound as last year and our ability to score has become worst than last year. Most fans wanted players that could improve the first team starting eleven that clearly didn't happen. I haven't an axe to grind with Wilder but this years signings haven't improved us, and Wilder has take responsibility for that.
I can’t help thinking that if we survived this season we could cement our place in the prem and consolidate our finances. It will be a major failure of both the board and Wilder if that happens. I agree we have to be financially stable but the gap between Prem and Championship is wide and getting wider.

I can’t help thinking that if we survived this season we could cement our place in the prem and consolidate our finances. It will be a major failure of both the board and Wilder if that happens. I agree we have to be financially stable but the gap between Prem and Championship is wide and getting wider.

Have a look at the Championship table BFL. Odds are we'd bounce straight back up if the worst happened.

Agree about the gap though.

Depends what your expectations are for the Blades, to win trophies and compete in Europe it comes down to money, or just bob about in the bottom half year on year. We are one of three clubs who only have a millionaire owner not a billionaire owner so he hasn't the wherewithal on his own. The other question is can Wilder take us to the next level, that's down to individual opinion.
If the worst happens and we go down, I'll hang fire on a quick return, to many variables. Finances, manager, owner and players will all be factors, long list of clubs who have failed to come straight back we were one of them.

Sport Witness(News Now pages) are saying we have enquired about Emmanuel Dennis and Club Bruges are wanting to sell because he's not having a gr8 season in Belgium this time round.More Agent's talk,who knows but surely it's a Magic Hat replacement we need first and foremost isn't it. UTMPB

Sport Witness(News Now pages) are saying we have enquired about Emmanuel Dennis and Club Bruges are wanting to sell because he's not having a gr8 season in Belgium this time round.More Agent's talk,who knows but surely it's a Magic Hat replacement we need first and foremost isn't it. UTMPB

I don't think anyone seriously expects the prince to throw millions at signings rod. He's already done that and not exactly seen much bang for his buck. If I were him I'd sanction a couple of loans and expect Wilder to get us back up straight away if he dosen't keep us up.

Wasn’t there some off-field problems with Dennis recently, Rod?
I don’t follow foreign football, but I’m sure I read about it somewhere (probably because of the United connection). I seem to remember saying to myself that we dodged an expensive bullet there. The trouble is, I can’t remember what the problem was.
It’s old age and decrepitude I’m afraid.

Wasn’t there some off-field problems with Dennis recently, Rod?
I don’t follow foreign football, but I’m sure I read about it somewhere (probably because of the United connection). I seem to remember saying to myself that we dodged an expensive bullet there. The trouble is, I can’t remember what the problem was.
It’s old age and decrepitude I’m afraid.

Twas this. Just what we need, another self entitled nobody.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/footbal...ub-brugge-after-storming-off-the-team/e0e77k5

Of course I'm underwhelmed and I have one question....is the Prinve our man?

Not being funny mate burst comment is bonkers. The prince has funded Wilder beyond our wildest dreams. Based on what he's done with the money and what it's achieved the only question is is Wilder the man!

Thought Wilder had made it abundantly clear we will be signing 2 loanees, 1 domestic, 1 overseas. No perms at all .

He always lies in transfer windows. Every single time.

If we really are focusing only on loans when we look extremely likely to get relegated that's fucking madness.

We need to use the opportunity to at least partly build a squad for the Championship. While we still have the PL platform.

Not being funny mate burst comment is bonkers. The prince has funded Wilder beyond our wildest dreams. Based on what he's done with the money and what it's achieved the only question is is Wilder the man!
Has he spent more than the Sky money? We need him now SBT.

He always lies in transfer windows. Every single time.

If we really are focusing only on loans when we look extremely likely to get relegated that's fucking madness.

We need to use the opportunity to at least partly build a squad for the Championship. While we still have the PL platform.

Well he certainly lied when he was quoted as saying our last window was his best ever. If the board throws another wedge of money at Wilder I'd seriously question their decision making. What every happens this season the recruitment system needs an overall.

Has he spent more than the Sky money? We need him now SBT.

Wilder could have spent the Brewster money on a JOC replacement and some creativity. It has become screamingly obvious who is up top wont score till the quality and quantity of supply increases, and that we are woefully poor at the back.
I suggest the Brewster money could have been hugely more beneficially spent as indicated above.

They should be hesitant when giving Wilder money.

But it's different if we're recruiting players for the Championship.

It is much easier to sign players who are highly likely to be successful signings. Not players who are typically unproven for the division, as our PL signings have been.

Take the Preston players. They're as proven as can be. And could all fit into our system nicely. In addition, they'll be available for reduced fees.

I'd like to think the board would look at a situation like this and sanction the deals without too much hesitation.