January 2021 Transfers | Page 11 | Vital Football

January 2021 Transfers

did you remember to take British player tax into the equation? Home grown players prices were already inflated and that's before the new rules making it more difficult to search abroad. with the new rules in place a British player of his standard for 8 million would be a good price.
Even with all of that you mention its still over priced for an unproven player in the Prem

How much did flint from bristol city go for? Another good proven Champ CB, maybe not as mobile but an out and out CB that also can score goals!

Last edited:
Another left back linked:

Greek left-back Dimitris Giannoulis. He is 25 and plays for PAOK Thessaloniki in the Greek Super. With money being short :-) we are offering him a six month loan and the option to buy for £6.5 million.

The club have had talks with Nyand but the club is now deciding whether we want to sign him.

I wrote on here before that I don't rate him from what I have seen and a few of my villa mates said he was crap.

Nyland said:

'For me, it's only in the first phase, until the summer, about getting into a team and training myself again and getting in shape. If I can play some games that way too, that's great. Then we take an evaluation for the summer around where you can possibly write a longer contract and get to play for several years and be the first goalkeeper.'

So maybe a short term option will work for both parties but he wouldn't be our number one next season.

Leitner seems to be getting closer to a move away from the club. Leitner revealed on Tuesday that his agent was speaking to clubs and German media has claimed that a Bundesliga and second division clubs are exploring a potential loan move for the out of favour midfielder. They also report that there's interest from England and Austria.

Given Derby's rumoured financial state, I'd be tempted to think about bidding for 23 year old Bielik the DM / CB they got from Arsenal (as we are not strong enough in the deep two central midfield positions) and some of their younger talent such as Sibley (19 years old) , Bird?? (20), or even Gordon (16).

The club have had talks with Nyand but the club is now deciding whether we want to sign him.

I wrote on here before that I don't rate him from what I have seen and a few of my villa mates said he was crap.

Interesting that he has had an operation since leaving Villa....so was he carrying an injury that effected his form at Villa?

Apart from the LB and the GK positions, there was talk of trying to get a CB too..........
DF mentioned on Friday that they are also 'awake' in the search for CB but it isn't a must...back in October (I think) it was but because the current three have been relatively fit the club decided that it wasn't a must plus Omobamidele is also around.

But this reminds me of the negative comments Krul got when he joined us.
Yes and go back and look at all the negative comments we got about Cantwell even when he was playing for us not so long ago. Footballers are strange creatures but sometimes need to be given time. I can remember watching Harry Kane at Carrow Road when he was on loan to us. I thought he played at the time, very mediocre.

As I mentioned last week Power has signed for Harrogate. No fee agreed but a sell on fee added.

Its all about how a player fits in with the club itself and the ethos.
We are not in market for expensive players who definitely will be great
anyway so its a gamble on the level of player affordable by selfish smiffs.