January 2020 Transfers | Page 33 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfers

So 1 million wasted on amadou. Not great on the loans this season. So a space is free but it will not be filled. DF said we had the smallest squad in the league and it's smaller now.

Lots of outs this window.

Will there be any players for the u23 squad? I'm surprised Adshead, McAlear and Fitzpatrick (these three were all signed with much excitement will tbey festure next season) haven't gone out on loan.

Just looked and we ha e 19 players out on loan apparently.

They have been working through most of the 20 - 21 year olds...
I would have thought that they would like to get
LW - Coley
CB - C. Jones
on loan and then work through the 19 year olds. The three you mentioned were 18, 17 and 18 when signed.

As mentioned before, I suspect Cantwell emerged quicker than expected and Roberts fell down the order.

Amadou - the great hope for DM. Disappointing situation but he's hardly played as a DM. thanks to our injuries at CB.

As mentioned before, I suspect Cantwell emerged quicker than expected and Roberts fell down the order.

Amadou - the great hope for DM. Disappointing situation but he's hardly played as a DM. thanks to our injuries at CB.

I believe that Zimmerman has returned to CB for last 12 league games and Godfrey and Hanley have played as his partner for nearly all of those games leaving Amadou free to play as DM but not selected.
He has to go down as a recruiting error.

He did start as the CDM in Tettey’s place at Southampton away but had an absolute shocker, got subbed at HT for Tettey himself.

I think his confidence was a bit shot by then as he’d been playing CB for nearly half the season and taken a fair bit of criticism.

I imagine he was just pissed off being here and wanted out in the end to play in his natural position.

Probably need to start a new thread called Summer 2020 transfers.

I have just read that we are looking at singing Reading forward Danny Loader. His deal is up in summer and we along with Wolves are interested in him. Could have done with getting in a new forward in January but hey hoe.

12 games and 1 goal so far this season but another that is used as a winger.

Amadou on his loan termination:

'For me, it was a very difficult situation, I was in England waiting for the three clubs to agree on a move for me. I just wanted to go back to Spain because I knew that Leganes is a good club for me. I needed to play more and I have the confidence of the club (Leganes) to do so. I think I can help this team to be fine. I arrived two days ago, I don't know the club very well. But here there are two or three teammates from Seville and that has helped me a lot, because I already knew them before I arrived. I am very happy to come to help this team.'

So he wanted to leave and made a comment about his new club having confidence in him. So it sounds like he is saying DF didn't trust him on the pitch.

‘ Needed to play more ‘ says it all . He was under a loan deal until the end of the season so DF must have told him he was unlikely to play . Strange that his very best performance for us was as a central defender and not as a DM.

He always had passion when we scored. But he just didn't look good enough in his 11 games for us at least he got 11 games I guess.

Someone on Facebook said that Webber conforms that we are after danel sinani (rumours during January)