January 2020 Transfers | Page 32 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfers

Can I just ask - I was talking with a friend (Blackburn fan) and we got around to talking about owners. It got me thinking this question that I thought some of you on here might be able to answer for me (FFL, Tucks, DG, YB et al) - At the end of that last season of ANs /, AI Webber released players and then we found out that the club was on its knees and was in so much financial mess that it could have folded. So my question is why didn't Delia and Michael look to sell (This is where you guys come in as you will probably know if they did a little more than I)? Why do other clubs (bigger ones, same-sized one and smaller ones) seem to get a rich owner come in and save them (I am sure Villa were on the verge of administration as were Palace and even Real Oviedo in Spain) but we had to go through selling best player/s and releasing others to clear wages. Delia and Michael must have seen the problems so why didn't they put the club up for sale before the situation got so bad Webber had to come in and save them? Surely a club like Norwich would attract rich rich men/women its a brilliant county, lovely city, very loyal fans, massive fan base, location means it has a big pool to pick from in terms of youth, would have been cheaper at that point (I guess debt might have put some off), good history and could have been a real project to work on. I just can't understand that D & M who love the club (apparently :-) ) just didn't seem to do anything until it was so bad that others went out and sourced Webber. They give the excuse that they would only sell to the right person but I think the person they'd like to sell to doesn't exist. Sure there have been some bad examples of owners coming in and making it worse like the Blackburn guys and Blackpool but then look at the Leicester owners. I was just wondering if they did look to sell at that time?
No idea, Bears. I am only aware of one serious offer to buy the club in the last few years, which doesn’t mean there haven’t been others. A Chinese consortium offered to buy the club but this was rejected out of hand. The gentleman concerned was a Yongge Dai, who ended up buying Reading in May 2017, so it was about that time...

FCB .... I am convinced that the Smiths do not have a football brain and do not understand how football always moves forwards . The answer to you question is easy . The Smiths have their own interests at heart now they are older and all they want is a solvent club to hand over as a legacy to Tom the Cabin Boy . Think I am wrong ? Well, let me remind you of what Smith said ‘ The fans may be disappointed by this , but we will not be selling the cub ‘ .

Thank you Smiths for hanging on to the club for your own ends while we watch our club get relegated yet again

Oh dear. Why bother playing the remaining fixtures ?

Gary Gowers - Norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com

In true Norwich City tradition, the club are playing this one low-key. Six points adrift at the bottom of the table would be for most to 'splash the cash' but Daniel Farke and sporting director Stuart Webber remain focused on the bigger picture.

Partly because that's the plan and partly because we have no money.

Our 'here and now' business was done signing Ondrej Duda on loan from Hertha Berlin and Lukas Rupp from Hoffenheim. Both are midfielders and both have settled in well. But we're realistic - these moves in January are unlikely to be enough for Premier League football next season.

In terms of outgoings, there are whispers that both Moritz Leitner and Ibrahim Amadou may be departing at the eleventh hour on loan, but Teemu Pukki will NOT be going to Manchester United.

Yes , in the world of giggling Delia Smith , lets get relegated with a wimper , and let’s have no desire , fight , hunger and determination to stay in this horrible Premier League . Hurrah for Delia ! :clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow:

Daniel Farke at Colney earlier today:

"Yes, we have rejected the £100m offer for Teemu. So no chance," smiled Farke, speaking at Colney. "We know our situation as a club. We're not in the position to buy many players.

"We have a much better situation in terms of we don't have to sell any player and one thing is for sure, the players that are important for us we won't sell.
"That's a big improvement in comparison to all the other last transfer windows because we had to sell some of our best players in order to keep this club going.
"All jokes aside, we won't sell any of our key players right now. Perhaps it is a different situation in the summer. We need all the players in order to work on our little miracle and we can't go further on without Teemu Pukki. No chance."

Who'll be cover at CB with amadou going? I don't rate him as a CB but DF saw him as cover for CB. Say one of the three get injured or suspended? Klose looks to be ready for late March/early April

Lots of outs this window.

Will there be any players for the u23 squad? I'm surprised Adshead, McAlear and Fitzpatrick (these three were all signed with much excitement will tbey festure next season) haven't gone out on loan.

Just looked and we ha e 19 players out on loan apparently.