January 2020 Transfer Window | Page 31 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfer Window

Jan Mlaker was on loan at QPR from the start of this season, made 6 sub apperances and apparently didn't impress their fans.

Brighton recalled him 2 hours ago and sent him here.

Alex Dobre young, winger from Bournmouth who can play on either side apparently but primarily a right footed left winger - signed subject to the deal being confirmed on time.

The Bournmouth local press seem to rate him - so at least that's something, got to hope we've found another Prem League youngster who can make a big impact.

Just seen couple of clips of him seems quite direct, looking to take people on and use his pace.

Was on loan at Yeovil in L2 last year, made 21 apperances with 1 goal and 1 assist.

Last edited:
So after a month of window and half a season to identify targets we end up with :-
A centre back who is miles off Brightons first team.
A striker who QPR sent back cos he couldn't score
A winger who scored 1 goal for Yeovil in 20+ games in L2.

If that is the sum of our scouting networks endeavours and our club's level of ambition - just WTF 😢

Think i may break with traditional behaviour on this board,I will actually wait until i have seen these players on the pitch before i crucify them!For gods sake give them a chance!!
Don't worry about it you will have plenty of time to assess Leon baloguns defensive capabilities. Basic problem is he isn't exactly needed when we urgently need a striker with a good championship goal record. By the way I think he's half decent defender bit we could have Maldini and Nesta in their prime and we'd still go down cause we are utterly toothless.

The surprising thing is that anyone actually believes that any of these players will be seen much on the pitch. Seem like last minute panic loans to fill our quota to me... none of them will be close to being starters surely?

I stand by my assessment of this as a poor window which has only made us weaker.

Give them a chance. Disappointed we didn't get the quality players we desire.

But you never know, these three could come good. All have something to prove. And where better for them to do it than with us. If they played a big role in us staving off relegation their careers could kickstart. Obviously a big question mark over that happening though.

Glad we got rid of Windass. Had his chances for me. Give Joff and the Brighton lad a go.

So after a month of window and half a season to identify targets we end up with :-
A centre back who is miles off Brightons first team.
A striker who QPR sent back cos he couldn't score
A winger who scored 1 goal for Yeovil in 20+ games in L2.

If that is the sum of our scouting networks endeavours and our club's level of ambition - just WTF 😢

Succinctly sums up the fucking shambles this club has become.

That said with cook at the helm it would matter not who we got in.

I've been deeply unimpressed with Windass since he signed. I think there's a player in there somewhere and he's shown flashes of ability, but it doesn't seem like he's ever been happy here. He may do well for Wednesday.

As for the new signings, I don't know anything about them, so I won't judge them until I see them play a few times (if they even get a chance). It will be good to see Gelhardt get more opportunities.

The surprising thing is that anyone actually believes that any of these players will be seen much on the pitch. Seem like last minute panic loans to fill our quota to me... none of them will be close to being starters surely?

I stand by my assessment of this as a poor window which has only made us weaker.
How are we weaker? We still have Robinson and have let a 1in 6 striker leave on loan.

The reality is that we spent all the money in the summer, so we were never likely to spash the cash unless we sold players which we didn't manage to do in the end. I think as much as we hoped there would be a nice surpise it was unrealistic to think we had a chance of getting Rhodes, Wells or anyone else in due to the finances being way out of our budget.

Also with relegation looking more likely than not getting players in becomes even harder as the club can't afford to risk paying big money on top of the loses we are already going to be racking up against FFP and no player with alternative options is going to want to come here and risk getting relegated.

I can understand struggling to get players in but the worst part was losing Mulgrew and Windass who for me were 2 of our better players, to what seems like off field reasons rather than on field.

I dont want to write off these lads before they've kicked a ball for us, but it's not being unfair to say they haven't really shone prior to arriving - so are they really a better prospect than our own young lads ripping up trees in the U23's? I don't know maybe they are, but we keep hearing Obi, Weir, Cranksaw, Jolley, etc as well as Joffy are doing so well and at this point surely they are worth considering. We could've even recalled Lang to replace Windass.

I'm glad we've at least got some players in as it gives you a chance some of them could add something rather than not bother with anyone at all. But if we are going to take a gamble with largely inexperienced young players from other clubs we've got some of our own who so far haven't had a look in.

Just relegate us now.
Please.
Save us all the embaresment of watching us going down with a whimper.

The worst transfer window imaginable. Truly shocking I just cannot see anything other than a comprehensive relegation.

Cook out.
Are you having a laugh? Tell me what you know about these players without checking Wikipedia and making your own assessment on stats. These players could do a job for us FFS give them a chance. Do you remember the Joyce window?

The reality is that we spent all the money in the summer, so we were never likely to spash the cash unless we sold players which we didn't manage to do in the end. I think as much as we hoped there would be a nice surpise it was unrealistic to think we had a chance of getting Rhodes, Wells or anyone else in due to the finances being way out of our budget.

Also with relegation looking more likely than not getting players in becomes even harder as the club can't afford to risk paying big money on top of the loses we are already going to be racking up against FFP and no player with alternative options is going to want to come here and risk getting relegated.

I can understand struggling to get players in but the worst part was losing Mulgrew and Windass who for me were 2 of our better players, to what seems like off field reasons rather than on field.

I dont want to write off these lads before they've kicked a ball for us, but it's not being unfair to say they haven't really shone prior to arriving - so are they really a better prospect than our own young lads ripping up trees in the U23's? I don't know maybe they are, but we keep hearing Obi, Weir, Cranksaw, Jolley, etc as well as Joffy are doing so well and at this point surely they are worth considering. We could've even recalled Lang to replace Windass.

I'm glad we've at least got some players in as it gives you a chance some of them could add something rather than not bother with anyone at all. But if we are going to take a gamble with largely inexperienced young players from other clubs we've got some of our own who so far haven't had a look in.
Balogun could be an astute signing. Very experienced, could shore our defence up a bit and get us organised. The young winger could be anything. Our kids in the U23s are kids, not ready for a Championship relegation battle. We know nothing about these lads we need to trust the people at the club that they are going to help us. We will see but let’s give them a chance. Windass is no loss. Poor scoring record, headless chicken with no football brain and was not interested in us

You mean our 2nd top scorer who who is actually not a striker but has been played out of position (of course).
Oh come on for goodness sake. The guy missed about four penalties and often would not play in his teammates. Just because he was second top scorer in our team does not make him a good player! Take jokers like this out from the selection mix and we may have a chance. Can anyone tell me what Windass’s best position is?