January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 5 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
I hope not, but we can't say no (without proof of injury) and the player would probably not say no either.

It *might* be another fitness opportunity....(he said, biting his tongue...)

We are not obliged to release for friendlies?

From Eriksen's perspective I can understand Real Madrid but I don't really understand why he would leave us for Juve.

Domestic dominance, a club and league that suits him, better climate, expectations of a salary similar to Ramsey’s, I could go on.

We are not obliged to release for friendlies?

I thought we were? Could be wrong?

edit: I was right (unfortunately):

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/ps_792_en-annex_ii_74.pdf

Release of players for national association representative matches in accordance with the Coordinated International Match Calendar(Contrary to the Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players, Art. 36 Para. 2, which will be modified in accordance with the decision reached by the FIFA Executive Committee.) a) Qualifying matches for an international competition played on fixed/set datesThese matches take priority over matches in a national championship. In other words, matches in the national championship or cup competition should not be arranged on one of the fixed/set dates. A club holding the registration of a player called up to play in the national team must release him to the national association on the fixed/set dates for international matches in each calendar year (see enclosure “Coordinated International Match Calendar 2002 – 2004”). The player shall also be released for the period of preparation. If the player is called up to play in a qualifying match for an international competition, this period shall be 4 days (including the day of the match). The period of release shall be prolonged to 5 days if the match in question is held on a different continent to that on which the club is domiciled (Paragraph 5b). b) Friendly matches on fixed/set datesThese matches take priority over matches in a national championship. In other words, matches in the national championship or cup competition should not be arranged on one of the fixed/set dates. A club holding the registration of a player called up to play in the national team must release him to the national association on the fixed/set dates for international matches in each calendar year (see enclosure “Coordinated International Match Calendar 2002 – 2004”). The matches may be qualifying matches as defined under Art. 36 Paragraph 2a), or friendly matches. The player shall also be released for the period of preparation. For a friendly match, this period shall be 48 hours (Paragraph 5a

Last edited:
I thought we were? Could be wrong?

edit: I was right (unfortunately):

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/ps_792_en-annex_ii_74.pdf

Release of players for national association representative matches in accordance with the Coordinated International Match Calendar(Contrary to the Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players, Art. 36 Para. 2, which will be modified in accordance with the decision reached by the FIFA Executive Committee.) a) Qualifying matches for an international competition played on fixed/set datesThese matches take priority over matches in a national championship. In other words, matches in the national championship or cup competition should not be arranged on one of the fixed/set dates. A club holding the registration of a player called up to play in the national team must release him to the national association on the fixed/set dates for international matches in each calendar year (see enclosure “Coordinated International Match Calendar 2002 – 2004”). The player shall also be released for the period of preparation. If the player is called up to play in a qualifying match for an international competition, this period shall be 4 days (including the day of the match). The period of release shall be prolonged to 5 days if the match in question is held on a different continent to that on which the club is domiciled (Paragraph 5b). b) Friendly matches on fixed/set datesThese matches take priority over matches in a national championship. In other words, matches in the national championship or cup competition should not be arranged on one of the fixed/set dates. A club holding the registration of a player called up to play in the national team must release him to the national association on the fixed/set dates for international matches in each calendar year (see enclosure “Coordinated International Match Calendar 2002 – 2004”). The matches may be qualifying matches as defined under Art. 36 Paragraph 2a), or friendly matches. The player shall also be released for the period of preparation. For a friendly match, this period shall be 48 hours (Paragraph 5a

This is all well and good but why would Lo Celso ever want to pull on a shirt of a club that stops him playing for his country? I hope others realise that what is written above is totally irrelevant if you want maintain a healthy relationship with a patriotic player. Same as calling the "we pay his wages and can do what we want" card.

From what I saw in the Copa, GLC is having a great battle with other players to become a permanent fixture in the Argentina side as some of the guys get older. My guess is Lamela wants to be a big part of it as well and is gutted not to be involved. It's a passionate country when it comes to the beautiful game !!!

This is all well and good but why would Lo Celso ever want to pull on a shirt of a club that stops him playing for his country? I hope others realise that what is written above is totally irrelevant if you want maintain a healthy relationship with a patriotic player. Same as calling the "we pay his wages and can do what we want" card.

From what I saw in the Copa, GLC is having a great battle with other players to become a permanent fixture in the Argentina side as some of the guys get older. My guess is Lamela wants to be a big part of it as well and is gutted not to be involved. It's a passionate country when it comes to the beautiful game !!!

? What part was irrelevant?

You leave Foxy out of this. I saw him play against Watford back in the day and he was the total lick....shame the same couldn't be said for John Scales and The Great Ramon at the back....

Don't forget our LB Clive Wilson and the best hair cut ever Ian Walker.

You never know but i would be surprised to see us dip into the market again during the January window.

I suspect, as always it depends on the potential availability of our targets; along with how many of our squad have 'stepped up' and made their mark.

But we're definitely on the lookout for a Left-sided CB and I believe another attacker. If we don't or can't get them in Jan, I hope we move as quickly as we did for N'dombele in the summer.

I'll pay every penny we get for GKN, Eriksen, Wanyama and Sissoko, and then some more, to get Ruben Neves here.

He is playing more and more as a DM, with a playmaker quality.

That kid is tearing it up.

It was impossible, but we really could have done with Moutinho !!!